News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2013

Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Cards are really cleaning up tonight.  So far it's 9-0.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Raz's jinx aside, I am pleased thus far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Hell yeah. Wish I were at Busch tonight. #12in13
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Grats to your Cardinals DerSpicy!

FUCK THE PUTO Dodgers
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2013, 11:09:25 PM
Also, Ron Darling sounds like James Woods.  That is all.

So that's who that is.  I made the James Woods comment about 4 weeks back.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on October 18, 2013, 11:14:06 PM
Grats to your Cardinals DerSpicy!

FUCK THE PUTO Dodgers

Why are they Spicy's Cards?  Raz and I are at least as big fans as he is. :mad:

Admiral Yi

He blabs about it a lot more than either of you.

Syt

Cardinals - Red Sox. Meh.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on October 19, 2013, 11:12:22 PM

An epic battle of Good vs Evil.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Not at all. I'll always root for Notre Dame against The OSU, for instance. Just anti-New England(the Celtics are ok though).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

QuoteST. LOUIS (AP) -- Rosters turn over so quickly these days, the St. Louis Cardinals used only seven players from their 2011 World Series roster in this year's NL championship series.

The NL champions got contributions from 20 rookies this season, many in starring roles on a team that led the NL with 97 wins and then reached the World Series for the second time in three years.

General manager John Mozeliak sees little commonalities, pointing out the '11 team sneaked into the postseason as the second wild card and this year's team that until now has had the home-field advantage.

''The good story line is you've got two teams that have the best records in the game matching up in the World Series,'' Mozeliak said. ''And I think that's nice. A lot of times, that doesn't work out.''

Lance Lynn is the only pitcher left from two years ago, joined against the Dodgers by position players Yadier Molina, Matt Carpenter, Daniel Descalso, David Freese, Matt Holliday and Jon Jay. Cleanup man Allen Craig, sidelined by a foot injury since early September, is expected to join them in the Series and would open as the DH.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2013, 03:32:45 AM

Yeah, not too difficult to figure out who to root for in this one.

jimmy olsen

:yes: The team with only 7 Championships, rather than the one with 11.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 20, 2013, 11:16:45 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 20, 2013, 03:32:45 AM

Yeah, not too difficult to figure out who to root for in this one.

Fenway to collapse and bury both teams in the rubble?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.