News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2013

Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2012, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I liked the Onion's "Drunk dedicating trash can he set on fire to the Marathon victims". Not too far from the truth.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on October 31, 2013, 06:44:47 AM
Thank GOD I don't live up there anymore.  Yesterday would have been another day where I wouldn't have been able to get home due to all the drunks and scumbags in front of Fenway blocking my way to the train station from my old office.  Today, I'd have to put up with a bunch of lowlifes running around shouting "RED SAWKS" at work instead of working.

Down here, nobody gives a shit. :showoff:

What they didn't riot down there when Louisville won?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2013, 08:53:20 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 31, 2013, 06:44:47 AM
Thank GOD I don't live up there anymore.  Yesterday would have been another day where I wouldn't have been able to get home due to all the drunks and scumbags in front of Fenway blocking my way to the train station from my old office.  Today, I'd have to put up with a bunch of lowlifes running around shouting "RED SAWKS" at work instead of working.

Down here, nobody gives a shit. :showoff:

Presumably they were too drunk and too ripped on Meth to have the energy.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Too full of HAWT BROWNS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2013, 10:21:14 PM
Really thought Wacha would have another strong game & keep it close. 

Yeah, that was kind of what I figured as well.

I read somewhere before the series started that the Cardinals figured that they could win at least 1 game in Boston, but that Boston wouldn't be able to win any in St. Louis.  Well, the Cards did manage to take a game in Boston, but they weren't able to sweep the games in St. Louis--if they had, they'd have won the series.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 31, 2013, 06:17:04 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Seedy, I think he needs a time out.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

It was a good series, I watched a few games. Last night was an entertaining one to watch (as entertaining beisbol can be for me).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2013, 08:53:20 AM
No clue.  My office is out in the suburbs. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

"I don't care how he does it, but Buchholz needs to gain 20 pounds".

My Dad seems to think that Clay will be more durable if he gains 20 pounds of muscle, I'm not sure that's how it works. I don't know if you should interfere with his natural body type, could do more harm than good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Clay Buchholz might be the ugliest man I have ever seen.  He is at least giving Ron Howard a run for his money.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on November 10, 2013, 10:24:47 AM
Clay Buchholz might be the ugliest man I have ever seen.  He is at least giving Ron Howard a run for his money.

How about Clint Howard?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Heard a rumor that the Cardinals are looking to deal Freese to the Yankees so they can move Carpenter to third base and get the speedster Kolton Wong in at second base.  Freese has been a little spotty since his spectacular 2011 postseason, so I don't know what the Yankees would be willing to give up for him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

If there is no trade of Freese, St. Louis is likely to non-tender.  He is coming off a down year on the wrong side of 30.  So my guess is they will get very little back.  The only question is whether some other team needs a 3B as badly and is willing to pay the $4 million or so Freese will cost.  Even then the Yankees are in rebuilding mode (or what passes as such in the Bronx) so I don't see Cashman chasing an auction.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Freese and Fernando Salas have been traded to the Angels for a couple outfielders I'm not familiar with.  So now if the Cards can get a hold of a decent hitting shortstop, their infield will be set.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

While this initially hit me like a punch to the gut, seven years is simply too long a contract for a 30 year old player that depends on his speed to the extent that Ellsbury does.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/03/yankees-agree-to-seven-year-contract-with-free-agent-outfielder-jacoby-ellsbury/related/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point