Main Menu

End of the LTTE?

Started by Viking, May 17, 2009, 08:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2009, 03:24:26 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 18, 2009, 02:55:12 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on May 18, 2009, 02:54:04 PM
You laugh, but Southerners and Tamils are the largest national groups to be denied autonomy. They deserve a country as much as we do.

Kurds, Tibetans, Uigurs ?
There are 60 million Tamils if you count those living in India IIRC

Which makes them the 4th or 5th largest minority in india?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 18, 2009, 07:37:29 PM
You know, valmy, I believe in individual liberties and the sanctity of sovereign states over an overbearing central government.

But there will always be a central government, whether it is in Delhi or Washington or Nashville.  The question is to what extent that government protects individual rights.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 18, 2009, 03:24:26 PM
There are 60 million Tamils if you count those living in India IIRC

Would it make sense to include them?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

I like ..... Tamiles. Ha ha ha
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: Jaron on May 20, 2009, 11:08:18 AM
I like ..... Tamiles. Ha ha ha

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_(pueblo)

QuoteLos tamiles (tamil: தமிழர், tamiḻar) son un grupo étnico nativo del estado de Tamil Nadu

:unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.