Obama to fire gay military officer. Martinus pops vein.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 08, 2009, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2009, 03:02:43 PM
He claims to know shit about truth and honesty and he effectively lied for years instead of quitting the service?

So he is taking a stand on principle, and your bitch is that he didn't do it sooner?
Frankly, he's a disagrace to the country. He knows that we are vitally short on Arabic translators. Yet he chooses to bring to light something which he knows will get him kicked out, forced to take a cushy job in the private sector instead of defending our nation against its enemies.

For what? Because he thinks the policy's unjust?  What a pompous ass.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on May 13, 2009, 04:48:31 PM
Frankly, he's a disagrace to the country. He knows that we are vitally short on Arabic translators. Yet he chooses to bring to light something which he knows will get him kicked out, forced to take a cushy job in the private sector instead of defending our nation against its enemies.

For what? Because he thinks the policy's unjust?  What a pompous ass.

Just an explanation of Brain's post? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

He claims to know shit about truth and honesty and he effectively lied for years instead of quitting the service?
Sorry, how did he "effectively lie?"  By following the "don't tell" part of the policy?

I must admit that it would be hard for anyone to "know shit about truth and honesty" and sit still for a policy that effectively disposes with both as inconvenient, nut I find it hard to understand how anyone could not see how that would grate on a truthful and honest person over time.

It grates on me, and I am not even gay, nor any longer in the military.  DADT is politics at its most ugly and its most detrimental to good order and discipline.  If I were a commander in chief, I would not tolerate it for one second.  Better the open bigotry of a "gays expelled the moment detected" than this pansy-assed pretense that the US military can simultaneously not survive having a single gay member and not survive kicking them out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on May 13, 2009, 04:48:31 PM
Frankly, his country is a disgrace to his service.  It doesn't deserve him.

QuoteFor what? Because he thinks the policy's unjust?  What a pompous ass.
Yes, fighting perceived unjustice is the mark of a pompous ass.  But supporting injustice is the mark of a pompous asshole.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: grumbler on May 13, 2009, 08:09:23 PM
Sorry, how did he "effectively lie?"  By following the "don't tell" part of the policy?

I must admit that it would be hard for anyone to "know shit about truth and honesty" and sit still for a policy that effectively disposes with both as inconvenient, nut I find it hard to understand how anyone could not see how that would grate on a truthful and honest person over time.

It grates on me, and I am not even gay, nor any longer in the military.  DADT is politics at its most ugly and its most detrimental to good order and discipline.  If I were a commander in chief, I would not tolerate it for one second.  Better the open bigotry of a "gays expelled the moment detected" than this pansy-assed pretense that the US military can simultaneously not survive having a single gay member and not survive kicking them out.

:cheers: Our servicemen deserve better behavior and treatment on our parts, precisely because they do not/cannot ask for it themselves.
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 13, 2009, 08:22:41 PM
:cheers: Our servicemen deserve better behavior and treatment on our parts, precisely because they do not/cannot ask for it themselves.
That's a very good way to put it. :cheers:

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on May 13, 2009, 08:11:26 PM
Frankly, his country is a disgrace to his service.  It doesn't deserve him.
Fuck him.  He's a traitor.

Of course, you love siding with America's enemies, so you'll defend this piece of shit with your dying breath.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 03:36:56 PM

So he is taking a stand on principle, and your bitch is that he didn't do it sooner?

No. My "bitch" is that he comes across as a retarded moron.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Patton would know the correct way to deal with this pansy.

Btw, as I type this, I'm riding in my brother's car in Smokey Mountain National Forest, using my EVDO phone tethered to my netbook.  Technology is teh kool.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2009, 02:12:07 PM
Patton would know the correct way to deal with this pansy.

Invite him over to his tent for the night?  :boff:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2009, 02:12:07 PM
Btw, as I type this, I'm riding in my brother's car in Smokey Mountain National Forest
:wub:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned