Main Menu

The war on men

Started by garbon, November 26, 2012, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 04:42:06 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 26, 2012, 04:31:15 PM
Yeah, I don't buy it. Sorry.

Funny how when a man tells you how quite a few men feel, suddenly you are "not buying it". Guess I'll use that line when you come over and explain how women feel about how double standards suck.

Telling you how it is, a lot of men are getting more and more jaded about women and commitment, because they are not buying it from women's mouth either.
You're hardly a representative specimen.  Thankfully.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on November 26, 2012, 05:35:51 PM
Quote from: Drakken on November 26, 2012, 04:42:06 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 26, 2012, 04:31:15 PM
Yeah, I don't buy it. Sorry.

Funny how when a man tells you how quite a few men feel, suddenly you are "not buying it". Guess I'll use that line when you come over and explain how women feel about how double standards suck.

Telling you how it is, a lot of men are getting more and more jaded about women and commitment, because they are not buying it from women's mouth either.
You're hardly a representative specimen.  Thankfully.

A guy who won't commit?  He's hardly a rarity.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

mongers

An amusing thread, do please continue.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2012, 05:39:42 PM
A guy who won't commit?  He's hardly a rarity.

Except he did commit he just will not get officially married because of his human rights and stuff.  That is pretty rare.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Darth Wagtaros

Maybe its a Mass. thing, but I know a lot of guys who are afraid of marriage, because if something goes wrong there is a high likelyhood that she'll get everything from the kids to the house. 
PDH!

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 04:25:20 PM
I just cannot get this.  It just does not make any sense to me.  Granted if somebody has a history of cheating or something I can see that, but how does it make one feel less special that your partner has been with alot of people and you are the one she chose?

Eh, this is called having standards. Women have them. So a huge slut to men is the same commitment-killer that an unemployed hobo is to women.  Why wife up a skank who'll just as easily cheat on you as have a latte, if you have options for better?

To be a successful manwhore with the ladies you have to have persistence, display charisma and a deft social touch. To be a slut you just have to...be there. Even gross hambeast fatties can get guys to fuck them. It's a skill issue.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on November 26, 2012, 06:11:09 PM
Why wife up a skank who'll just as easily cheat on you as have a latte, if you have options for better?

I certainly would never marry somebody who cheated.  I thought we were talking about people who had an extensive sexual history not cheaters.  So what she had some fun in college or whatever?

And I do have standards, it just blows my mind that having had sex with unattached people while single means they are going to cheat.  What kind of stupid shit is that?

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 06:13:30 PM

I certainly would never marry somebody who cheated.  I thought we were talking about people who had an extensive sexual history not cheaters.  So what she had some fun in college or whatever?

And I do have standards, it just blows my mind that having had sex with unattached people while single was some sort of deal breaker.  What kind of stupid shit is that?

You're naive if you think sluts only rack up an impressive notch count via one-night stands because they're just so horny they can't help themselves. That's not the Way Of The Slut. Some of the most prolific ones I knew would hop from "boyfriend" to boyfriend every few months or so while getting the occaisonal ONS (those don't count in chick logic) inbetween. The serial quasi-monogomy while on the cock carousel is the acid on her soul that makes her an unfit wife.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 26, 2012, 03:56:50 PM
I think the multiple parents = trashy applies to trashy/poor people only. If a succesful woman has kds from different marriages/relationships, it does not carry a stigma.

LOL, no it just makes her a goof.

I was on a blind date years ago with a very successful woman; she told me she had two kids by her ex-husband.  By the end of the evening, the numbers had grown to five and three, respectively.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

I love threads where derspiess kicks it into Cotton Mather Mode.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on November 26, 2012, 06:27:15 PM
You're naive if you think sluts only rack up an impressive notch count via one-night stands because they're just so horny they can't help themselves. That's not the Way Of The Slut. Some of the most prolific ones I knew would hop from "boyfriend" to boyfriend every few months or so while getting the occaisonal ONS (those don't count in chick logic) inbetween. The serial quasi-monogomy while on the cock carousel is the acid on her soul that makes her an unfit wife.

Slut clearly has a much more specific definition than I thought.

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2012, 06:33:38 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on November 26, 2012, 06:27:15 PM

Slut clearly has a much more specific definition than I thought.

Merriam-Webster will fail you in certain aspects of life.