Are you losing touch with the new generations?

Started by Martim Silva, November 22, 2012, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I'm in touch with the new generation.  I know all the latest hits in the pre-school set.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2012, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: Maladict on November 22, 2012, 09:47:41 AM
I mentioned to some friends that I sat behind Ben Johnson in the cinema the other day.
None of them had ever heard of him, and they're only a couple of years younger than me.

The playwright?

Yes.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2012, 01:51:01 PM
I'm in touch with the new generation.  I know all the latest hits in the pre-school set.

I'm losing touch with the pre-school set.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on November 22, 2012, 02:19:59 PM

There's one way to remedy that problem. :perv:

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2012, 02:30:18 PM

OK, Grallon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2012, 02:30:18 PM

That is disgusting
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Why am I not surprised that katmai and Brain are the ones to take my comment the wrong way. :rolleyes:

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2012, 02:33:25 PM
Why am I not surprised that katmai and Brain are the ones to take my comment the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Enough with the innuendo already.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

They can't imagine any form of sex likely to actually lead to production of (human) babies?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

katmai

Quote from: Malthus on November 22, 2012, 02:35:23 PM

They can't imagine any form of sex likely to actually lead to production of (human) babies?  ;)

Not if you are doing it right.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Maladict on November 22, 2012, 09:47:41 AM
I mentioned to some friends that I sat behind Ben Johnson in the cinema the other day.
None of them had ever heard of him, and they're only a couple of years younger than me.

To be fair, that does make you pretty damned old.  But tell him I liked Epicoene.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

It first hit me when I encountered someone who had no idea what I meant by "what we have here, is a failure to communicate."

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2012, 11:38:31 PM
It first hit me when I encountered someone who had no idea what I meant by "what we have here, is a failure to communicate."
to me, that's the prelude to a Gun's and Roses song :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2012, 10:11:34 AM
And yeah, definetly.

I've seen some creative spellings of "definitely," but that takes the taco.  Sadly, I've also come to the realization that a lot of the current youth aren't even going to get that reference. :(

Flash Gordon is a great example.  Max von Sydow, Brian Blessed, and Timothy Dalton were all fairly big names at the time, but the only one kids now usually recognize is Dalton, and that's only because of the continuous publicity the Bond franchise gets.
Experience bij!

HVC

I haven't really felt out of touch with the younger generation, either because I'm in denial or not that old yet. What i have felt, as of late, is the feeling of something happening only a couple of years ago when really it was 10 plus years ago. It's an odd feeling.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.