Dead boy found buried in playground sand

Started by jimmy olsen, May 16, 2009, 09:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on May 17, 2009, 08:55:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 12:05:49 AM
Quote from: dps on May 16, 2009, 10:13:43 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2009, 09:36:13 AM
I can't imagine what finding something like that must feel like.

The severe limits of your mental capabilities is nothing to bragg about.
You really think you can understand how horrible finding a dead child would make you feel if you haven't encountered that situation before?

I can imagine what it would be like.  My imagination might pale compared to the actual event, but unlike you, I'm not so mentally stunted that I can't conceive of it.
:rolleyes: Okay, you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 08:58:39 PM
You really think you can understand how horrible finding a dead child would make you feel if you haven't encountered that situation before?

I can imagine what it would be like.  My imagination might pale compared to the actual event, but unlike you, I'm not so mentally stunted that I can't conceive of it.

No, I'm not.  You were just being all pansy-assed and shit about it.  Grow up a little bit, for God's sake.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

It sounds to me like if other kids killed this kid, probably even by accident, and buried him right there in the sand.

It sounds too stupid to be done by grownups.

But then again, some grown-ups are like CdM and Neil.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Siege on May 17, 2009, 09:40:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 17, 2009, 08:59:33 PM
Nobody is innocent.

I am innocent.
Wrong.  You murdered all those Palestinians.  And then there's the child rapes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on May 17, 2009, 09:18:16 PM

No, I'm not.  You were just being all pansy-assed and shit about it.  Grow up a little bit, for God's sake.
If you admit that your imagination pales in comparison to the actual event than you can't really conceive what it would be like can you. Our positions are not really different.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 09:59:33 PM

If you admit that your imagination pales in comparison to the actual event than you can't really conceive what it would be like can you. Our positions are not really different.

I said "might", because, well, it might.  But on the other hand, I can imagine some pretty horrible things, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I imagine.  In fact, most of the things I've been through in my life haven't been as bad as I'd imagined they'd be.

DGuller

Quote from: dps on May 17, 2009, 10:13:18 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 09:59:33 PM

I said "might", because, well, it might.  But on the other hand, I can imagine some pretty horrible things, so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I imagine.  In fact, most of the things I've been through in my life haven't been as bad as I'd imagined they'd be.
I imagine this might be the exception, although I imagine it not being the exception as well.

CountDeMoney

Brazen

Once again the education systems fails. Kids today should be taught to bury bodies deeper.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Brazen on May 18, 2009, 05:44:25 AM
Once again the education systems fails. Kids today should be taught to bury bodies deeper.

at least 6 feet. More is better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

QuoteID of boy buried in NM playground still a mystery
By TIM KORTE – 17 hours ago

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Two days after the body of a small boy was found buried in the sand at a city park playground, stymied investigators focused Sunday on trying to find the child's relatives.

"We are looking for the person who was the primary caretaker of the child, whether it is a parent, a grandparent or guardian. That's our primary responsibility now," police spokesman John Walsh said.

There were no other developments, Walsh said.

A preliminary autopsy on Saturday provided no immediate clues about how the 3- to 5-year-old child died.

"There were no obvious signs or cause of death," Walsh said.

Walsh said the preliminary autopsy did determine that the child was either native American or Hispanic.

The body was found Friday by a woman who had taken her own children to the city's Alvarado Park and spotted a tiny shoe sticking out of the sand.

Police had received no reports of missing children in the 24 hours before the discovery. Forensic experts told police the boy could not have been dead longer than 48 hours.

Medical investigators planned blood and toxicology tests and more advanced pathology techniques to learn more about what happened to the boy.

People have left stuffed animals, toy trucks and flowers at the park as an informal memorial.

Wow, either the kid (or his parents) are illegals, or they themselves did it.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: Caliga on May 18, 2009, 07:15:45 AM
Wow, either the kid (or his parents) are illegals, or they themselves did it.  :huh:

Or they were buried deeper.