News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 07:56:33 PM
It's no consolation but on the front of their little launcher they mention how adding servers as fast as possible to help witht he log-in issues.

They mention they're trying some software solutions as well.  I'd expect that to mean that they're at least dabbling with the idea of a queue to make sure stragglers get in eventually.
Experience bij!

Berkut

It is beta, you should expect crap like this.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on January 17, 2010, 11:31:58 PM
It is beta, you should expect crap like this.

Not able to speak for the mob, but I'm not stressing about it.  I was able to get in long enough to get my combat to level 3 earlier, wasn't surprised when I wasn't able to get in after umpteen attempts shortly after lunch, and will try to find some dead-hours play later.
Experience bij!

Syt

Played the Azura mission yesterday (yes, I play slowly so I don't spoil too much for the live game). Was pretty fun, esp. going alone in a Miranda against the battleship in the end. Also, I took part in an "open patrol" or whatever it's called. Rather fun.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Is there any other mmo-oriented forum out there to read, except for mmorpg.com's? I have to vomit from the people there. Threads upon threads upon threads (and lots of posts in each, too) about "I have found one feature I would have liked to see, but the game does not have. I declare this game: the worst effort ever to see the light, and its mere existence is an insult to the entire history of mankind, the developers should be hanged on a lamppole after being savagely raped by a band of angry and horny rhinos"
And no, this is not only for STO, but for each and every newish game. Feeble attempts at constructive discussions are quickly drowned in the sea of shit.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Seen

Couldnt wait for the free beta key to arrive so I crumbled and bought it  :blush:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tamas on January 18, 2010, 02:54:50 AM
Is there any other mmo-oriented forum out there to read, except for mmorpg.com's? I have to vomit from the people there. Threads upon threads upon threads (and lots of posts in each, too) about "I have found one feature I would have liked to see, but the game does not have. I declare this game: the worst effort ever to see the light, and its mere existence is an insult to the entire history of mankind, the developers should be hanged on a lamppole after being savagely raped by a band of angry and horny rhinos"
And no, this is not only for STO, but for each and every newish game. Feeble attempts at constructive discussions are quickly drowned in the sea of shit.

Ten Ton Hammer has forums, but I've never really read them, so they might be the same.

Crazy_Ivan80

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 18, 2010, 02:13:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2010, 08:04:00 PM
Has anyone rolled a Klingon yet?

yeah, didn't do much with it yet though.

My friend with my other beta account said he enjoys flying the romulan ship, despite not adopting to it properly yet.

His opinion is far from being just positive, and I am not sure if he will buy it, but he has been a major WoW addict, and all he knew about Star Trek was that it exists, so it's nice to see him glued to the STO beta.

Seen

Heh, my (any) ati card isnt supported with AA. It seems to be a known issue since closed beta so lets hope there will be a fix. Besides that I like the first mission and it all, even without AA, looks nice enough.

Barrister

I'm doing the Delta Volanis cluster, but the missions keep getting bugged.

I know, beta and all that...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 18, 2010, 10:33:59 PM
I'm doing the Delta Volanis cluster, but the missions keep getting bugged.

I know, beta and all that...

The clusters are big part of their genesis system which they only introduced last weekend so it is still some of the buggiest content out there.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son