The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on January 16, 2010, 01:10:35 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 15, 2010, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 15, 2010, 10:51:23 AM
The basic problem I see right now with the spaceship combat is that it isn't ranged.

You basically have to be right on top of the other guy to shoot. So there really isn't any "maneuver" per se, just circling trying to keep a stronger shield facing their weaker shield, which is going to be done by running around in circles, then running around in a circle in the other direction.

Interstellar combat at knife fighting range. I suspect fleet battles will be a giant swirling mess of ships blasting away, with no reason to have any kind of formation.

Stop trying to make decisions from just playing tutorial, it's like judging wow from starter areas only :P

Where is the fun in that???

I DON"T KNOW!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Okay guys, I'm seriously tempted to buy the lifetime.

Someone give me a virtual slap upside the head, as there's only one MMO ever I've played for 16 months at a time, out of the many I've tried...

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2010, 01:31:06 AM

Someone give me a virtual slap upside the head, as there's only one MMO ever I've played for 16 months at a time, out of the many I've tried...

:shutup:

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 16, 2010, 01:32:01 AM

Moneybags, don't tell me you...

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2010, 01:33:47 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 16, 2010, 01:32:01 AM

Moneybags, don't tell me you...

Okay I won't tell you....

Barrister

katmai

Barrister

Syt

I got the lifetime sub for LotRO and didn't regret it (granted, with the game etc, it was only 100 EUR), as I got more playing out of it than some other 50 EUR games combined. I still log on now and then when I feel like killing orcs with my elf championette.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

THis really is a lot of fun. Even the space combat.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on January 15, 2010, 06:18:33 PM
MBM

You want to head to the sector south of the starting area.

You should get a mission at lvl 6 to meet a Commander Wildman at Satrbase K7, she will give you access to pvp vs non ai klingons.

Already met her and her two dudes there in the main room.  They didn't give me shit to do.  <_<   Have to go back and slap them around.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Hey Beeb,

So played enough to hit lvl 11 and picked up my next ship.
Default name was this :D

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on January 15, 2010, 08:54:26 AM
PLayed the tutorial alst night, crashed after we killed the Borg shield array and I was supposed to bean back to my ship.

The space combat so far is kind of anemic. Seems like the ships are all right on top of each other flying around in a circle blasting away.

The ground combat seems pretty fun though. I like the importance of flanking.

Will play some more tonight I imagine.

You'll see some better battles.  The battles against damaged Borg ships lulled me into a false sense of security; an Orion battleship toasted me once and damn near got me twice.  Those buggers practically piss torpedoes.
Experience bij!