The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 17, 2010, 03:53:42 AM
I'd wondered if I could monkey around enough to make an Orion chick.  I was:  successful. :cool:

The character generator does offer a lot of nice flexibility. :thumbsup:
Experience bij!

starbright

The game play is not very satisfying. Anyone becoming disillusioned?

If Feds and Klinks are the only playable races, PvP will lack variety. And what happens if there is a large player imbalance?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: starbright on January 17, 2010, 02:30:13 PM

Yeah, I think I'm done playing for a while.   It stopped crashing last night though, at least.

I guess next up for me to try is the new Star Wars game whenever that becomes available to mess with, either in a beta or free trial.

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 17, 2010, 02:34:40 PM
I guess next up for me to try is the new Star Wars game whenever that becomes available to mess with, either in a beta or free trial.

Around March 2011.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

starbright

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 17, 2010, 02:34:40 PM
Yeah, I think I'm done playing for a while.   It stopped crashing last night though, at least.

This game is not buggy for me and lag has been minimal. I can't complain about that.

Graphics issue: I admit that the graphics engine is techinically very good. I saw one system where planet color and asteroid textures are done just right. I saw the shadow of my ship glide along the surface of a huge asteroid as I was making a slow orbit. On the majority of maps the textures and colors are shit. 

Barrister

What is the trigger to advance in level to lieutenant?  It's one of the skills...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2010, 04:27:38 PM
What is the trigger to advance in level to lieutenant?  It's one of the skills...

Hover your mouse over the advancement bar thing at the top of the screen and see if it shows you what all is necessary skill wise.

Barrister

Quote from: starbright on January 17, 2010, 02:30:13 PM

If Feds and Klinks are the only playable races, PvP will lack variety. And what happens if there is a large player imbalance?

Because it's all instanced it should balance out.  The only risk I suppose is that one side (likely Federation) have long waits to enter PvP battles, while the other side (likely Klingons) get almost immediate PvP.

But no, I'm not disillusioned.  I quite like the game.  :)

Barrister

But the login problems are a pain in the ass. <_<

Grey Fox

Haven't been able to log in since Friday nite. This is fun.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 17, 2010, 07:10:57 PM
Haven't been able to log in since Friday nite. This is fun.

If you keep trying you do get in eventually.  But there really should be a queue instead.

Grey Fox

Of course, but I am not going to stand there & spam log in for 45mins everytime I want to play.

Of all the things that I could have been wrong with this game, this is pretty much the only one that could turn me off of it.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 17, 2010, 07:17:08 PM
Of course, but I am not going to stand there & spam log in for 45mins everytime I want to play.

Of all the things that I could have been wrong with this game, this is pretty much the only one that could turn me off of it.

Hasn't taken me that long.  But yeah, taking 15 minutes to log in does piss me off.

katmai

It's no consolation but on the front of their little launcher they mention how adding servers as fast as possible to help witht he log-in issues.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son