News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 02:15:41 AM
Oh my I didn't realize it was Destroyed.  :weep:

For some odd reason I like the Cardassians....  Especially their ships.   :hide:

I always liked the Cardassians.  They lacked whatever 'coolness' the Romulans or the Klingon possessed.  Instead they were just good people doing bad things.  There was something refreshing about that for sci fi,
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2010, 02:18:54 AM
Cardassians seemed a bit like WW2 Germans in space. Individually mostly rather nice folks, but as a society militaristic, ruthless oppressors.

Something like that.  They didn't overpower the nazi aspect, but they were definitely outer space fascists.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Cardassians are in the game, from what i've heard their area is for about lvl 20-30 or so.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

I want to pilot a Galor, what expansion can I do that, huh?!  :menace:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Tamas

Couple of points:

-it is good they add so much so late, but that also mean this will be yet another rushed-out MMO. At least they are working heavily on patching it up.

-I don't get the 'tards who are crying for end-game content days after they started playing. I don't get how powergaming yourself to the very end of the game ASAFP can be the chief  objective in an MMO.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2010, 02:40:55 AM
Couple of points:

-it is good they add so much so late, but that also mean this will be yet another rushed-out MMO. At least they are working heavily on patching it up.

-I don't get the 'tards who are crying for end-game content days after they started playing. I don't get how powergaming yourself to the very end of the game ASAFP can be the chief  objective in an MMO.

I agree with you on both counts. I get a chuckle from all these folks complaining they spent 8 hours playing and still hadn't hit lvl x1 and new ship.

DisturbedPervert

Cardassians seemed a bit like WW2 Germans in space. Individually mostly rather nice folks, but as a society militaristic, ruthless oppressors.

Cardassians seem too inept to be Space Germans

katmai

No idea Alci,

from scuttlebutt the first added group will be Romulans.

katmai

Woo got my pre-order bonus from Amazon, but Caliga i need to clarify that if i give it to someone else i'm not losing the bonus, once i do that I'll pass it along to ya.

jimmy olsen

For some odd reason I like the Cardassians....  Especially their ships.   :hide:
I don't think it was destroyed, though the Jem H'dar (spelling?) killed 800 million before their orbital bombardment was stopped IIRC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 02:04:34 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 02:00:06 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 01:28:36 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 01:14:24 AM
I don't like Romulus destroyed.... Good faction to get rid of for no reason too.  :sleep:

The Romulans are no more destroyed by the destruction of Romulus than the Klingons were destroyed by the destruction of Praxis. :nerd:

They're just... distracted at the moment.

But....how much of the population was killed eh?

Lots.  But when did that ever stop someone in Sci Fi?

I'm willing to bet the Cardassians will be back too, no matter the destruction of their planet in the Dominion Wars.

Even if they lost 5-10 billion, surely they have at least another 100 billion Romulans spread our over their empire. It's bad, but the Soviets had worse and bounced back. As long as they've avoided conflict in the last 20 some years they should be fine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 11, 2010, 03:14:47 AM

I don't think it was destroyed, though the Jem H'dar (spelling?) killed 800 million before their orbital bombardment was stopped IIRC.

Yeah, that's what I read on the wikeh.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Seen

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 11, 2010, 02:47:46 AM

Cardassians seem too inept to be Space Germans

Right, because the Kaiser and Adolph got it all right.

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 03:11:41 AM
Woo got my pre-order bonus from Amazon, but Caliga i need to clarify that if i give it to someone else i'm not losing the bonus, once i do that I'll pass it along to ya.
:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points