News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Anybody else ever get upset when Scotty beamed all the tribbles onto the Klingon ship?
I mean, it's not like the Klingons were going to be humane with them.

I remember being very little, and that upset me very much.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 11:29:19 PM
Anybody else ever get upset when Scotty beamed all the tribbles onto the Klingon ship?
I mean, it's not like the Klingons were going to be humane with them.

I remember being very little, and that upset me very much.

In the game if you have tribbles in your inventory along with food, they will multiple and eat all your food to boot :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 12:15:15 AM
Alternate time-line.   :yuk:

? No alternate timeline at all.

This is the timeline where Spock disappeared in 2387.

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 12:15:15 AM
Alternate time-line.   :yuk:

This is the main time line.  :contract:

JJ Abrams is the alternate timeline.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 12:17:08 AM

Didn't this and Romulus blowing up happen first in the last movie?  I wish they would have just ignored everything in that. 

katmai

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 11, 2010, 12:42:22 AM

Didn't this and Romulus blowing up happen first in the last movie?  I wish they would have just ignored everything in that.

? They detect SuperNova
Spock in a ship designed by Geordie Leforge (all this is in 4 part comic series that explained up to JJverse Star Trek) heads to try and contain it before it reaches Romulus, only to fail to reach it in time. He's attacked by Nero  and then they are both sucked through the Black Hole and start the Alternate timeline.

In this game he just disappears in 2387 and Romulans are spread out through their portion of galaxy with infighting for leadership of the Romulans.

DisturbedPervert

I know, I just wish they would just ignore everything in the events leading up to the reboot and move on with the old universe as if it never happened.  They destroyed Romulus solely as a set up for rebooting the series as they were abandoning the old one. 

Alcibiades

I don't like Romulus destroyed.... Good faction to get rid of for no reason too.  :sleep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 12:48:16 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 11, 2010, 12:42:22 AM

? They detect SuperNova
Spock in a ship designed by Geordie Leforge (all this is in 4 part comic series that explained up to JJverse Star Trek) heads to try and contain it before it reaches Romulus, only to fail to reach it in time. He's attacked by Nero  and then they are both sucked through the Black Hole and start the Alternate timeline.

In this game he just disappears in 2387 and Romulans are spread out through their portion of galaxy with infighting for leadership of the Romulans.
That's crap! The Romulans are black hole experts, they don't need Spock's help.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 01:14:24 AM
I don't like Romulus destroyed.... Good faction to get rid of for no reason too.  :sleep:

The Romulans are no more destroyed by the destruction of Romulus than the Klingons were destroyed by the destruction of Praxis. :nerd:

They're just... distracted at the moment.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 01:28:36 AM

The Romulans are no more destroyed by the destruction of Romulus than the Klingons were destroyed by the destruction of Praxis. :nerd:

But....how much of the population was killed eh?

Barrister

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 11, 2010, 02:00:06 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 01:28:36 AM

But....how much of the population was killed eh?

Lots.  But when did that ever stop someone in Sci Fi?

I'm willing to bet the Cardassians will be back too, no matter the destruction of their planet in the Dominion Wars.

Alcibiades

Oh my I didn't realize it was Destroyed.  :weep:

For some odd reason I like the Cardassians....  Especially their ships.   :hide:

Syt

Cardassians seemed a bit like WW2 Germans in space. Individually mostly rather nice folks, but as a society militaristic, ruthless oppressors.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.