News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Ok, their site is back up.

Here is the FAQ on the background.  Notice Ferengi is in.  I fear I am getting BBitis as the more I read about this the better it sounds.

QuoteThe game takes place in the classical timeline, not in that of the 2009 movie. [Source]
The game takes place in 2409; roughly 30 years after Star Trek: Nemesis.
The Khitomer Accords are "long past". [LVWc] The Federation and the Klingons are at the verge of war with each other.
Gorn, Nausicaans and Orion are on the Klingon side. [CZ4] Humans, Vulcans, Bajorans, Andorians, Ferengi, and Tellarites are playable Federation races. [GI186]
An ancient threat out of Star Trek canon will reemerge. [GCI08]
On top of being at war with the Federation, the Klingon Empire has annexed Romulan space, reclaiming Khitomer, and apparently entering into hostilities with the Gorn Hegemony.
The Romulan Empire is crumbling, as is the Cardassian Union. Romulus and Remus have been destroyed in an event that also killed the contemporary Praetor along with the ruling council of the Senate.
Bajor is on the way to Federation membership.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 05:41:03 PM
Looks like their forum server just crashed.  Does not bode well.

Meh - a forum server doesn't need to be designed for anywhere near the same loads as their game server.  WoW's forum servers have gone a number of times for example (usually, like for STO, when the game is down and people want to know what's happening).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Tamas and foxy,

they have said there will be a link on the STO frontpage starting tomorrow i think to apply for open beta for those who don't pre-order.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

One nice thing is I got a higher internal access speed this weekend (6 instead of 3) so downloading this puppy from D2D tonight should, hopefully, go faster.

katmai

Hey Grey Fox and Tamas, the link to apply to open beta is now up on the STO website frontpage.

Or not, the graphic says join open beta, but when you click it says not accepting anymore closed beta apps, but keep checking for them to update it :P

Grey Fox

Finally some updates! So far only pre-order keys are accepter but it does bode well.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 11, 2010, 07:43:44 PM
Finally some updates! So far only pre-order keys are accepter but it does bode well.

Oh and Open beta starts at 1pm your time not 2 like i was saying. :blush:

Grey Fox

Damn, I'll still be at work tho :s

I decided to get the open beta client from fileplanet in the meantime, Holy hell batman, this is going to take a while.

katmai

crazy canuck

Downloading now but only at about 645 kbs instead of 6m so it will take about 3 hours.

Got my open beta password in the D2D email as well so I will be ready to nerd out tomorrow.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

if want to coordinate at all tomorrow night after you guys have done tutorial let me know. :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 08:12:01 PM
if want to coordinate at all tomorrow night after you guys have done tutorial let me know. :P

sure about 8 or so?

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 08:14:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 08:12:01 PM

sure about 8 or so?

sounds about the time they should have servers back up after the rush of people trying to log in at 10am :lol:

Grey Fox