Main Menu

Peter Pan Syndrome and Sexual Economics

Started by MadImmortalMan, November 09, 2012, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: dps on November 11, 2012, 12:01:25 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 11, 2012, 03:49:08 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 10, 2012, 06:27:26 PM

I do not believe for a second that men who are unemployable have in general the same sense of self-worth as men who are employed.

Calls for a Languish poll?

I do not believe for a second that men who are unemployable have in general the same sense of self-worth as men who are employed.

Besides Raz, exactly who here is unemployable?

:zipped:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: The Brain on November 11, 2012, 12:28:05 PM

Ah, a binary tree.

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2012, 11:28:33 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 11, 2012, 09:17:22 AM
Maybe the thing is that women are deep down evolutionarily looking for a provider- and survival is fucking easy in this day and age, any retard can do it. For the evolutionary mental trigger a minimum wage layabout is just as good as a rich investment banker.

That would only partially explain the "I'm leaving you for an unemployed drummer because he's an artist" schtick at age 22 for the "I'm leaving you for a senior vice president at T Rowe Price" at age 32 evolutionary process.  :D

Again, my experience with female friends is actually entirely the opposite.

Younger, inexperienced women are looking for a sugar daddy. Older, secure women are looking for a boy toy.

In a perhaps somewhat oversimplified way, this has been true for my female boss, two of my female best friends here in Poland, and virtually every active Languish female poster.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2012, 01:36:40 PM
Again, my experience with female friends is actually entirely the opposite.

No, I don't suppose they would dump you.

Brazen

If sexual politics were less about "women do this and men do that" and more about let's not make huge generalisations and treat each other like we'd like to be treated ourselves, the world would be a better place.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on November 11, 2012, 01:40:15 PM
If sexual politics were less about "women do this and men do that" and more about let's not make huge generalisations and treat each other like we'd like to be treated ourselves, the world would be a better place.

Sweeping, unrealistic generalizations is what we do. :P

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on November 11, 2012, 01:40:15 PM

Nice sentiment, but has that happened in any area of life ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2012, 11:02:15 AM
Or perhaps women are more than biological machines and think with their brains and figure out they will be better of (especially if they themselves are successful professionals) with a hotter younger guy even if he is not bring tons of money home, than with a richer alpha who spends all his days and evenings at work and usually has some serious psychological issues.

Most of my female friends seem to be following that pattern.
:thumbsup:

Perhaps more to the point, more mature women are financially independent and the money or career aspect of a partner doesn't even come into the equation.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Mature women are... how to put this... not very firm and bouncy.

Brazen

Quote from: mongers on November 11, 2012, 01:43:55 PM
Nice sentiment, but has that happened in any area of life ?
In any group of friends, I'd hope.

The Brain

I have no idea if I'm intimidated by intelligent women.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2012, 01:36:40 PM
In a perhaps somewhat oversimplified way, this has been true for my female boss, two of my female best friends here in Poland, and virtually every active Languish female poster.

So 5 people. And of course the inactive Languish female posters go against that trend. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on November 11, 2012, 05:44:50 AM
Quote from: Malthus on November 10, 2012, 05:33:51 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 10, 2012, 04:21:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 10, 2012, 03:59:55 PM
Amusing article, more like trolling than serious.

I agree with Valmy - men go for success for more reasons than to get sex, and success still "counts" in terms of getting sex these days anyway - people who live in mom's basement playing video games are not, article withstanding, getting laid with great abandon in general. Article fails at both supply and demand.
You sure? Women are increasingly the main or sole breadwinner of two-adult households.

Older men increasingly get themselves on disability rolls.

Put it this way. Guy A and guy B are both average looking. Guy A lives in mom's basement and plays video games all day. Guy B went to university and ended up in a high-paying profession. Which is going to have the better success with attracting women?   

For that matter, living in mom's basement and playing video games is not a lifestyle that results in a lot of health self-respect - and having self-respect is as big, or bigger, a motivator as getting laid (not to mention that the two are related: self-respect=confidence=more attractive to women). That's on top of simply being able to afford one's own place, a car, toys, vacations, etc. - also a big motivator, right?

That's a false alternative though. Replace guy A with a hipster who spends all his day in a corner coffee shop or playing frisbee with other "adults" and your hypothesis may fail, simply because guy A has more opportunities to meet and attract women than guy B who is spending all his waking time at work.

What you are forgetting is that these days, it isn't actually necessary to hang out in coffee shops or bars all day to meet women. I'm not a big fan of it, but the fact is that people advertise for sex and relationships in a straightforward manner - they advertise on Internet dating sites.

Even a busy professional can do that.

For women, the man-child types who have no responsibilities are not that attractive. It has nothing to do with women being grasping harpies out for a meal ticket, or the rest of the usual woman-hater's screed. It is simply that such guys tend to come with a lot of unattractive personality characteristics - not to mention the inconveniences involved with dating someone who can't pay their own way. A guy who has no intention of working is usually one who is shamelessly living off of someone else, for one; for another, they are far more likely to be drunks or druggies (pot is bad for this) or have psychological issues.

All things being equal of course. If your frisbee playing man-child is 23 and looks like a male model, bets are off.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius