News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama, Part II: Remodeling the cabinetry

Started by CountDeMoney, November 08, 2012, 04:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on December 13, 2012, 10:36:16 PM
Did you have a problem with Rice, outside of being an "Obama crony", 4 months ago or is this all still about Benghazi?

Never liked her.  Way too interventionist & doesn't really seem to factor our national interests into her views on foreign policy.  She's an attractive woman and all, but I don't see anything else positive in her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2012, 10:19:12 PM
He was dead right about Assad being a reformer, wasn't he?  :lol:
What's wrong with that statement?  Seems like Syria is going through a ton of changes at this moment.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2012, 11:06:50 PM
I don't think even he knows.

:moon:
I don't know, when it comes to Rice, you definitely give off the vibe of someone who has been whipped up into a random frenzy.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on December 13, 2012, 11:12:41 PM
What's wrong with that statement?  Seems like Syria is going through a ton of changes at this moment.

I and plenty others saw that as a foolish statement to make at the time.  Now it looks much worse.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on December 13, 2012, 11:15:11 PM

I don't know, when it comes to Rice, you definitely give off the vibe of someone who has been whipped up into a random frenzy.

:rolleyes:  You and your overuse of hyperbole.

derspiess

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2012, 11:19:28 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 13, 2012, 11:15:11 PM

:rolleyes:  You and your overuse of hyperbole.
I could be wrong, I guess.  I assume that eventually that has to happen sometime.

derspiess

dps

Quote from: DGuller on December 13, 2012, 08:04:29 PM
I don't know, maybe Republican propaganda from 2004 got to me, but Kerry doesn't strike me as much of, well, anything.

But anyway I'm okay with him as SoS, knowing there could be worse.

The only thing Kerry's ever done right was snag a rich wife.  I'd rather have had Rice at State.  Heck, I'd rather have the decaying corpse of Cyrus Vance back in the office.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2012, 11:08:37 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 13, 2012, 10:36:16 PM
Did you have a problem with Rice, outside of being an "Obama crony", 4 months ago or is this all still about Benghazi?

Never liked her.  Way too interventionist & doesn't really seem to factor our national interests into her views on foreign policy. 

Unlike, say, the politicians that went after her, and that you support.  :lol:

QuoteShe's an attractive woman and all, but I don't see anything else positive in her.

Well, maybe she'll find a traditional gender role that you'll like.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
Unlike, say, the politicians that went after her, and that you support.  :lol:

You do realize a lot of opposition to her came from your side of the aisle, don't you?

Well, maybe she'll find a traditional gender role that you'll like.

Yeah, there's still time. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2012, 10:21:38 AM
You do realize a lot of opposition to her came from your side of the aisle, don't you?

I couldn't hear them over your ignorant ass.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2012, 09:27:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 14, 2012, 10:21:38 AM

I couldn't hear them over your ignorant ass.

OH SNAP