Rising demands for Venetian Independence

Started by Lettow77, November 06, 2012, 04:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 12:41:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2012, 12:20:23 PM
:rolleyes:

http://www.zurich-base-line.com/cn_gdp_pc_nation_data.html

Per Capita.  Pfft.  Don't gimme that, that's a shoddy statistic to use, particularly with less people in the Northwest Territories than the capacity of the SkyDome, compared to 7.9M Quebecois. 
1 OUT OF 1 ARE CAT OWNERS IN MY CONDO SO I WIN
Not all of them are Quebecois though.  Remember, an independent Quebec is going to lose a lot of anglos, either to immigration or to genocide, and the natives are unlikely to participate in their experiment, as a poor country like Quebec would give them less in the way of bribes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 12:41:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2012, 12:20:23 PM
:rolleyes:

http://www.zurich-base-line.com/cn_gdp_pc_nation_data.html

Per Capita.  Pfft.  Don't gimme that, that's a shoddy statistic to use, particularly with less people in the Northwest Territories than the capacity of the SkyDome, compared to 7.9M Quebecois. 
1 OUT OF 1 ARE CAT OWNERS IN MY CONDO SO I WIN
Not all of them are Quebecois though.  Remember, an independent Quebec is going to lose a lot of anglos, either to immigration or to genocide, and the natives are unlikely to participate in their experiment, as a poor country like Quebec would give them less in the way of bribes.

Pfft.  Did you see how fast Charest crumbled to a handful of student protestors?

Imagine how many "bribes" they'll give natives when every reserve turns into an Ipperwash or an Akwesasne.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 01:05:28 PM

Bah, the United States of America would welcome and support our newly emancipated French brothers to the north, an ample and capable partner in NAFTA, harkening back to a friendship forged together in revolution.

The rest of your provinces could petition for US statehood per the requirements outlined in the United States Constitution and be happy, well-cared for members of the National Park Service.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 01:26:06 PM
The rest of your provinces could petition for US statehood

Not sure why any Canadian would want to take that kind of hit to their quality of life.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 01:26:06 PM
The rest of your provinces could petition for US statehood per the requirements outlined in the United States Constitution and be happy, well-cared for members of the National Park Service.
Seems unlikely.  Why would we want to be poor?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2012, 12:43:15 PM
That would be an ingenious solution to the political impasse on Crete...
:hmm: Do you mean Cyprus?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 01:47:26 PM
:hmm: Do you mean Cyprus?

Yeah, I was wondering that also - but in any event Venice can also solve that problem by reoccupying that Island.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2012, 12:38:58 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on November 06, 2012, 12:35:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2012, 09:48:45 AM
Will they seize the Dalmatian coast? Will they be ready for the Aztec onslaught?

More importantly, will they loot Istanbul?

I want to know whether they will retake Crete

:frusty:

Can't believe no one called me on this.  I confused Crete with Cyprus.

celedhring

Greece can probably use being annexed, mind. Latin Empire ftw.

mongers

Given Lettow's recent dabbling with visual impairment, it's little surprise that his next 'enthusiasm' should be for all things Venetian.    :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2012, 01:52:45 PM
Can't believe no one called me on this.
:yeahright:

I like his timing. :D

I'll admit that I looked up Crete (as I was like that's not the island I know has issues), saw nothing and went meh. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

The EU should support this. Divide and conquer. :ph34r:

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 04:35:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2012, 01:52:45 PM
Can't believe no one called me on this.
:yeahright:

I honestly noticed my own mistake and posted my own correction before I saw your post.   :blush: