News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elite: Dangerous

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 04:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

BTW you know we could form a group so we will play in the same instance, away from the public. We would never ever meet in such a huge world, but it would be kinda cool if we did by accident.  :)

Pedrito

Quote from: Tamas on December 08, 2014, 09:18:48 AM
No wipe at launch.

But I kinda screwed up my Hauler so I am going to restart tonight anyway.
<_< I stopped playing ten days ago because I was expecting a wipe for sure.

About the Languish Group, it's ok for me; how does it work?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

No idea, I will check it out later. :)

Bluebook

I love this game. They have actually managed to port the old Elite-feeling to todays computers.

Bluebook

Im Bluebook in the game by the way, in case you should ever come across me...

Warspite

I'm in as Arkestra Leon, flying a Viper around blowing pirates up about 40 lightyears away from Earth.

A Languish wing sounds like a good idea.

Edit: I've set up a group for Languish commanders to join - I think it should be under my name above.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

37 days since I asked for a refund. I told them in the original ticket that while I was aware that there was an online single player mode, I wasn't interested in it, because I wanted to play offline single player.

First I was asked to be patient.

Then they asked me if I was sure about the refund, and did I know there was an online single player mode available?

I replied that I was aware of it, as I had originally said in my ticket. I also outlined that I was looking for the offline mode because my play time can be erratic, and I don't want my character messed up because I didn't respond to an in-game development in time but rather a game that I can pick up where I left it off.

This whole time I've been friendly and courteous in my tone.

On Dec 8th I was asked to be patient due to the high volume of support requests.

Nothing since then.

I checked back yesterday and added a new note to my ticket, asking for an update. I also noticed that they have a *new* support system, and so I have no idea if my old ticket carried over into that. At any rate, I can't see my old ticket in the new system, so just in case I open a new ticket there with the previous communication attached and a reference to the old ticket.

According to the last pages of this thread I'm not the only one who has yet to get a decision from Frontier, 30+ days after opening a ticket. And even in cases where they offered a refund, people are still waiting for it more than a week or two later.

I'm gonna give it till end of next week, then give them a last opportunity to sort this out before going through the PayPal reclaiming process (done it before with good success).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I am back to Hungary for the holidays, and I have made two discoveries about the game here:

1. Connecting my Saitek X52 to it, the difference to combat (compared to a gamepad) is amazing. A totally different game.

2. Since I have only been at the computer at very irregular and short intervals, I haven't really felt like firing the game up: I have been making most of my in-game money via missions, and comitting to the real-time clocks on those felt like a drag when I could be standing up from the game on a moment's notice. So yeah, no offline SP is an issue.

But, I am planning to fit my X52 into my luggage and bringing it with me to England for a proper go at the game.

CountDeMoney

Do they have presets in the game for the X52?

Tamas

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Any of you guys have tried Starpoint Gemini 2? Looking at it, offline SP only.

It's on sale at 50% on Steam.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Bluebook

DontSayBanana

Thinking of picking this up within the next few weeks- seems EVE-ish without the subscription or insane amounts of concentration on skill building.  Fair assessment?

Also, my HOTAS is a Thrustmaster T.Flight.  Are there enough combined controls for that to be worth it, or should I be thinking about flogging the T.Flight and trading up to at least an X52?
Experience bij!

Josquius

I'm waiting until someone hacks it so I can play a proper offline SP.
It will happen sooner or later- it did with Spore, Sim City, and every other game that tried this online only crap.
██████
██████
██████