News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elite: Dangerous

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 04:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Really wish they would introduce a version where other players explorations don't impact your game. That's the big annoying point of other players affecting things.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2015, 05:27:05 AM
Really wish they would introduce a version where other players explorations don't impact your game. That's the big annoying point of other players affecting things.

:D Kinda takes the whole MMO out of the MMORPG though, doesn't it?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

That's why you run them over with intergalactic kubelwagens.  Damn.

Ed Anger

While I do enjoy the screech of a 13 year old cussing like a sailor after you gank 'em, even that gets old.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2015, 07:43:18 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2015, 05:27:05 AM

:D Kinda takes the whole MMO out of the MMORPG though, doesn't it?

To be fair (and if I understand it correctly), SP online mode has zero interactions with other players, right? The MMO moniker doesnt really apply. This is a weird hybrid.

Berkut

Assuming my vagina is not itchy because there are other people playing in the same universe...is the game any good?

Is there anything to talk about around this game OTHER THAN the online nature of it and how horrible that is?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zoupa

Quote from: Berkut on January 31, 2015, 02:28:07 PM
Assuming my vagina is not itchy because there are other people playing in the same universe...is the game any good?

Is there anything to talk about around this game OTHER THAN the online nature of it and how horrible that is?

Late reply but still, my 0.02$:

The game can be entertaining for a week or two. It's wide but shallow. The missions are generic. The factions are generic. The fighting is so so (caveat: i dont pvp).

I think in 6 months to a year once a few major patches and/or expansion packs hit, it could be an amazing game. The framework is all there, there just isnt much to do.

Syt

Someone described it as Euro Truck Simulator in space, because of the long stretches of uneventful travel you have.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Trading is the best way to make money, yeah.

Overall, you have very little attachment to the factions which is what really kills the enjoyment for me.

Technically it's great and bug free, just not much content there. The devs might have shot themselves in the foot with the 1:1 sim of the galaxy. It looks great but it's boring. A smaller but deeper playing field would make a much much much better game.

Warspite

I think the developers realise this and they're adding more to the game. The problem may have been that what was fun in 1984 doesn't really cut it any more. The game really needs more background material, more structure, and much better player on player interaction (not necessarily combat).
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Tamas

Quote from: Warspite on March 06, 2015, 03:18:47 AM
I think the developers realise this and they're adding more to the game. The problem may have been that what was fun in 1984 doesn't really cut it any more. The game really needs more background material, more structure, and much better player on player interaction (not necessarily combat).

Yes I think the opinion on the game shows how player expectations have moved on since Elite 1 and 2. Because this game is everything those games were, and some more, and all in absolutely gorgeous graphics. Yet people find it shallow.

Arvoreen

My issue has been the lack of any multiplayer co-op capabilities on what is ostensibly a multiplayer game.  With this month's 'Wings' release, I'm hoping they have addressed that issue.  At least then I'll be able to get some other people together and actually interact with the same stuff at the same time.  Instead of just talking about what we were doing (separately) to each other.

I'll report back after I get some time to play with it....

Drakken

I admit I am really tempted to get it... but the total lack of money sinks other than getting new, better stuff drives me off.

The Brain

I am a moron so I bought the game. UI is a retarded clusterfuck. And why the hell can't I dock in the docking training mission? I'm on the correct landing pad, I'm over the little symbol, landig gear is deployed, I land gently... and nothing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.