Started by jimmy olsen, November 05, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on November 06, 2012, 01:00:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 12:56:19 PM
LOL, my man Chris Matthews already had his first meltdown for the day.

Said the race is about two choices, and any "NPRish, PBSish hoity-toity types" that vote "their conscience" with goofball third party Ralph Nader/John Anderson "I like what they stand for" candidates are idiots.  :lol:

God, I love that man.  The older he gets, the crazier he gets. :lol:

:Embarrass:

I voted Green Party for president. :sleep: I didn't intend to when I walked into the booth, but I just felt like it was the right thing to do. I don't agree with all that they want - I'm far more hawkish than they are - but I felt like a vote for a third party was a small - tiny... okay, miniscule - voice against the two-party system.

Idiot.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

I didn't intend to when I walked into the booth, but I just felt like it was the right thing to do.
;)

crazy canuck

If Romney wins I will be conflicted about who to blame more.  Garbon for being an idiot or Meri/Cal for picking the right cause at the wrong time.

garbon

Aren't the 3 of us all members of safe states?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2012, 01:10:42 PM

You are a symptom of a wider problem.  Meri/Cal get the out.  Thanks for making my decision easier.

Barrister

If you know my politics you'll know I'm all over new political movements.

But if order to get my vote you have to show some basic level of organization and possibility of success.  What's the point of voting Green when you know they get 0.5% of the overall vote?

On the other hand, voting for a Ross Perot made a lot more sense at the time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2012, 01:11:25 PM

You are a symptom of a wider problem.  Meri/Cal get the out.  Thanks for making my decision easier.

A wider problem of being free thinkers?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2012, 01:09:49 PM
If Romney wins I will be conflicted about who to blame more.  Garbon for being an idiot or Meri/Cal for picking the right cause at the wrong time.

Blame me for not voting.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I never vote major party for President as a way of protesting our entrenched two-party political system where the two parties are extremely similar, platform-wise, and utterly beholden to corporate interests due to bribery campaign funding needs. :)

This is the first time I've not voted Liberatarian, though. :sleep:

On the local level, I voted for a Republican for County Clerk, because the alternative was a fat toothless redneck from the Nation clan (the same clan that foisted Carrie Nation upon this country way back when  :mad: ), a Democrat for Circuit Clerk because I like her personally, and a Republican for Congress because the Democrat candidate is a Labor whore.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

I voted Green Party for president.
Me too. Since my EC impact is irrelevant, it ended up being between Obama, to boost the popular vote, or Green as a protest vote in favor of breaking the 2-party duopoly. I'm convinced we have to do the latter in order to fix the rest of what's broken so that's which way I went. The greens have consistently campaigned for electoral reform. The Libertarians do too, technically, but mostly they seem to just be for guns and isolationism.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on November 06, 2012, 01:13:01 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 06, 2012, 01:11:25 PM

A wider problem of being free thinkers?

No the mental deficiency that is apparent in supporting Romney.  Whatever might be said of Meri/Ca's choice they didnt come close to that kind of blunder.

garbon

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on November 06, 2012, 01:12:01 PM
What's the point of voting Green when you know they get 0.5% of the overall vote?
Isn't there a bit of a recursive element to this like of reasoning?