And we're back!

Main Menu

How Well Do You Know Crappy Pizza?

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 03:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 26, 2012, 11:28:22 AM
Or Times Square

That was the first one I ever encountered-- back around 1990.  We have a few in Cincy but their numbers are dwindling.  The one downtown in the mall food court closed down like a year and a half ago, but eerily it still looks like it just shut down for the day.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 10:30:38 AM
Seriously, what's the point of putting lettuce in a burger or a sandwich?  You're just destroying the taste of meat and replacing it with not much of a taste at all.

Has little effect on the taste, and your meal is slightly healthier.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 11:26:19 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 26, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
9/10 on the quiz because I didn't recognize the Sbarro pizza.  Does Sbarro even exist outside of interstate rest stops?  Because that's the only time I've come across them.

Once in a while you'll find one in mall food court somewhere.

That's the only place I have seen them.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on October 26, 2012, 07:08:05 AM
Why would you ruin a Royburger anything with lettuce what is essentially grass but with less flavour and nutrition? :(

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2012, 02:41:13 PM
Sbarro's, the cure for constipation.

Yeah.  Found that out the hard way on a flight from Dayton to Salt Lake City.  Thankfully my seat was back next to the bathroom.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Maximus on October 26, 2012, 02:42:09 PM
Why would you ruin a Royburger anything with lettuce what is essentially grass but with less flavour and nutrition? :(

Have you tried other leafy vegetables? (Rhetorical) The lack of flavor is lettuce's big selling point. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Lettuce has flavour.

And the point of putting lettuce on a burger, or a sandwich, is for than unique crispy textural element.  For which you need nice, fresh lettuce.

So yeah - putting a single piece of limp iceburg lettuce isn't doing anything for your sandwich.  But some good lettuce sure is adding something.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Maximus on October 26, 2012, 02:42:09 PM

This, iceberg lettuce is worthless.

Now, get some nice Romaine lettuce on there, and it's all good.

derspiess

Romaine is better than iceberg, but in many cases iceberg is better than none at all.

Ed Anger

I use ketchup. It is a veggie, according to the gub'mint.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 26, 2012, 02:55:45 PM
Lettuce has flavour.

And the point of putting lettuce on a burger, or a sandwich, is for than unique crispy textural element.  For which you need nice, fresh lettuce.

So yeah - putting a single piece of limp iceburg lettuce isn't doing anything for your sandwich.  But some good lettuce sure is adding something.
I love lettuce.  I eat salad as a complete meal several times a week.  I just find it to be a distraction when it's in a sandwich.  For example, I love steak, and I love sweets, but I don't put sugar on a steak.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.