News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How Well Do You Know Crappy Pizza?

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 03:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Hell,, I think they have a 3 pizza's for 10 bucks to go deal right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2012, 08:02:56 PM
5/10.  Not bad, considering we have no Cici's, Godfathers, or Little Caesars in Baltimore, I've never been to a Chuck E. Cheese's, and the last Sbarro I've seen was on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in 2010.
When dining on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, you need to be eating at Roy's. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2012, 08:33:02 PM
My favorite pizza is at a local restaurant chain that's got about 4 locations now.  They make a New York style with everything on thin crust that is to die for.  Damn.

I don't know if it's a chain or not, but there's a Big Cheese pizza here;  it's your typical "so-much-cheese-there-are-oil-slicks-on-top" kind.  And that's the best kind of Day After pizza. :wub:
We've got a Philly-style pizza chain here now and it's typically the only place I go now.  There's another place that does a good Midwestern-type pizza (overloaded with cheese, etc.) but I'm a big fan of the more authentic stuff.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on October 26, 2012, 07:02:56 AM
When dining on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, you need to be eating at Roy's. :rolleyes:

Meh, you can keep your Mucus Bar, fella.  Like I need lettuce handled and sneezed on by every Pakistani family on the eastern seaboard.

Caliga

Why would you ruin a Royburger with lettuce? :(

CountDeMoney

Why would you ruin your digestive track with a Royburger period, Skeezix?

I don't even want to know what kind of shit you put on your burgers anyway if you're omitting lettuce.  Might as well suck on a hockey puck.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 07:20:05 AM

+1
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Pizza Hut and Dominos are both awful.

Papa John's is OK. Never heard of any of the others. 

DGuller

I don't even want to know what kind of shit you put on your burgers anyway if you're omitting lettuce.  Might as well suck on a hockey puck.
Lettuce on a burger? :x  I like lettuce, but in a salad, not on a slab of meat-like food product.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 10:08:44 AM

Lettuce on a burger? :x  I like lettuce, but in a salad, not on a slab of meat-like food product.

We already know you have poor taste.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

The pizza was so crappy in my hometown that each successive wave of pizza chain that hit our area was a big improvement.

Pizza Hut was a huge treat when I was going up.  Then we got Dominos, which was on about the same level but more reliable for delivery.  And then Little Caesar's hit the scene with its "buy 1 get one free" gimmick and became the only pizza my dad would get for us.  And just as I was starting college we got our first Papa John's, which is what my brothers & I would always order-- OMG THE CRUST BECOMES BREAD STICKS

My favorite for pickup/delivery these days is a regional chain called Donatos.  By far the best place to go out for pizza around here is Dewey's http://www.deweyspizza.com
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Seriously, what's the point of putting lettuce in a burger or a sandwich?  You're just destroying the taste of meat and replacing it with not much of a taste at all.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, Pizza Hut was always cool when you were a little kid;  the little candle lights at the table, the fireplace going in the middle of the restaurant in winter, and those cool tabletop versions of Ms. Pac Man and Donkey Kong in the waiting area.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 10:30:38 AM
Seriously, what's the point of putting lettuce in a burger or a sandwich?  You're just destroying the taste of meat and replacing it with not much of a taste at all.

You're not replacing the pattie with lettuce, you goofy cossack.  Jeez.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 10:28:54 AM
The pizza was so crappy in my hometown that each successive wave of pizza chain that hit our area was a big improvement.

Pizza Hut was a huge treat when I was going up.  Then we got Dominos, which was on about the same level but more reliable for delivery.  And then Little Caesar's hit the scene with its "buy 1 get one free" gimmick and became the only pizza my dad would get for us.  And just as I was starting college we got our first Papa John's, which is what my brothers & I would always order-- OMG THE CRUST BECOMES BREAD STICKS

My favorite for pickup/delivery these days is a regional chain called Donatos.  By far the best place to go out for pizza around here is Dewey's http://www.deweyspizza.com
Don't you have any independent pizza places?  In this day and age, I can go on seamless.com, order a pie from one of the highly-rated mom-and-pop places, and have it delivered to me.