And we're back!

Main Menu

How Well Do You Know Crappy Pizza?

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 03:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:32:22 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 10:30:38 AM
Seriously, what's the point of putting lettuce in a burger or a sandwich?  You're just destroying the taste of meat and replacing it with not much of a taste at all.

You're not replacing the pattie with lettuce, you goofy cossack.  Jeez.
No, I didn't say you did.  However, meat and lettuce together taste a lot like lettuce.

CountDeMoney

Maybe if you put the entire head of lettuce on it, you weirdo.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 10:32:28 AM
Don't you have any independent pizza places?  In this day and age, I can go on seamless.com, order a pie from one of the highly-rated mom-and-pop places, and have it delivered to me.

In my old hometown we did.  But their pizza was beyond horrible. 

But yeah, we have some decent independent places here.  I consider Dewey's independent, despite them having multiple locations in Cincy as well as Dayton, Cleveland, Columbus, and St. Louis.  We still go to the original location and nothing has changed there since it started.

Btw when I lived in Delaware I friggin' loved Bertucci's.  Wish we had one here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:35:22 AM
Let's go from the opposite direction.  What does lettuce add to the taste of the burger?

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2012, 10:37:25 AM
Btw when I lived in Delaware I friggin' loved Bertucci's.  Wish we had one here.
I have one 2 minutes away from me.  Their pizza is not bad at all, and it's brick oven pizza.  If that was my only option, it would be perfectly acceptable.  However, luckily for me, there are even better options in Jersey City.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on October 26, 2012, 10:37:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:35:22 AM
Let's go from the opposite direction.  What does lettuce add to the taste of the burger?

It adds texture.  And texture does not subtract from the taste of charred animal flesh. 

ZOMG WHAT DOES BREAD ADD TO THE TASTE OF A BURGER

Weirdo cossack.

DGuller

CountDeMoney

I find your anti-lettucism silly.  That's like being anti-ice with iced tea.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, we've had a couple pop up around here last few years.  Great place.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2012, 10:51:30 AM

Yeah, we've had a couple pop up around here last few years.  Great place.

It was always my payoff when I got dragged down to the IKEA in White Marsh.  The bread alone was awesome.  And the veggie pizza was to die for.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Hey spicy,Y'all get Cassano's down there in Cincy?

It isn't the best, but it beats that mass chain shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

9/10 on the quiz because I didn't recognize the Sbarro pizza.  Does Sbarro even exist outside of interstate rest stops?  Because that's the only time I've come across them.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 26, 2012, 11:25:06 AM
9/10 on the quiz because I didn't recognize the Sbarro pizza.  Does Sbarro even exist outside of interstate rest stops?  Because that's the only time I've come across them.

Once in a while you'll find one in mall food court somewhere.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually near one of the universities in Chicago, I encountered my first completely standalone one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.