And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2012, 08:03:03 AM
Yeah, all of this federal, state and local emergency organization is just ludicrous, people should learn to stand on their own two feet and fight off bad weather themselves; sink or swim?

Nothing encourages personal responsibility like having to deal with a natural disaster about by oneself.  REAL AMERICANS LOOT AND FORAGE

But wait til President Romney disbands FEMA, and PLJ has to deal with Florida EMA by himself in Jacksonville, the world's largest trailer park.  On the flip side, he can afford its privatization when he gets the bill from KBR to rebuild his shit.

I think I heard he already flip flopped on that and stated FEMA is safe from his cuts?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 30, 2012, 12:40:42 PM
Nothing encourages personal responsibility like having to deal with a natural disaster about by oneself.  REAL AMERICANS LOOT AND FORAGE

But wait til President Romney disbands FEMA, and PLJ has to deal with Florida EMA by himself in Jacksonville, the world's largest trailer park.  On the flip side, he can afford its privatization when he gets the bill from KBR to rebuild his shit.

I think I heard he already flip flopped on that and stated FEMA is safe from his cuts?

:lol:

Of course he has! Well, why wouldn't he? So, tell me again how he's going to balance the budget? Where are the cuts going to be if not FEMA, Medicaid/Medicare, or military? Does he really think that Big Bird can pay it all??
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2012, 08:03:03 AM
Yeah, all of this federal, state and local emergency organization is just ludicrous, people should learn to stand on their own two feet and fight off bad weather themselves; sink or swim?

Of course he has.  He's Mittens.

lustindarkness

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 12:48:06 PM

:lol:

Of course he has! Well, why wouldn't he? So, tell me again how he's going to balance the budget? Where are the cuts going to be if not FEMA, Medicaid/Medicare, or military? Does he really think that Big Bird can pay it all??

Big Bird is pretty big you now. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

:lmfao:

Christie said in an interview, when asked if Romney would be coming to visit NJ: "If you think I give a damn about presidential politics right now, then you don't know me."

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 01:01:48 PM

Christie said in an interview, when asked if Romney would be coming to visit NJ: "If you think I give a damn about presidential politics right now, then you don't know me."

I love my fellow Blue Hen alum & all, but I'd bet he said that to score political points for himself :)

Everything is political when politicians are involved.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 30, 2012, 01:06:20 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 01:01:48 PM

I love my fellow Blue Hen alum & all, but I'd bet he said that to score political points for himself :)

Everything is political when politicians are involved.

Of course he did! I just thought it was hilarious.

DGuller

Meh.  I've past my overload point on Christie.  At this point, his "tough talk" is a transparent circus act, and as such, it doesn't quite have the same effect.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 01:08:05 PM
Of course he did! I just thought it was hilarious.

The fat guvnah does entertain :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

More excitement around here.  My uncle almost drowned in the basement while it was flooded, and had to swim to safety.  :blink:  I think it's safe to declare the shit truly serious at this point.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

DGuller

Actually, he may have been right on the border of Zone A, I forget exactly where he lives.  In any case, he was very busy taking care of all the arrangements for us during the time he was supposed to evacuate, and couldn't evacuate even if he wanted to.

Caliga

My uncle's primary house on LBI wasn't destroyed. :cool:  A neighbor who stupidly stayed behind checked on it and there was only a little bit of water in the garage.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points