And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:50:30 AM
I think you're missing his point.

Oh he was mocking their attitude when they have to repair Florida eh?  Whoops.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 09:52:40 AM

Oh he was mocking their attitude when they have to repair Florida eh?  Whoops.

:console:  Happens to the best of us.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Rasputin

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Rasputin on October 30, 2012, 07:48:04 AM
I don't get why yankees insist on building houses on the water and then expect the taxpayer to bail them out when a hurricane hits?

Or as Little Johnny would say "ain't so funny when it's your momma is it?"

Really?  From somebody who lives in Florida? How much tax money have we blown repairing your state's shit?

Indeed everyone but you seems to have. I thought the little johnny punchline would've been sufficient but i suppose it was too subtle :)
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Quote from: Rasputin on October 31, 2012, 09:54:35 AM
Indeed everyone but you seems to have. I thought the little johnny punchline would've been sufficient but i suppose it was too subtle :)

:blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Of course not sure that critique make sense given that until recently these types of storms were rather rare up here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Rasputin on October 31, 2012, 09:54:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Rasputin on October 30, 2012, 07:48:04 AM
I don't get why yankees insist on building houses on the water and then expect the taxpayer to bail them out when a hurricane hits?

Or as Little Johnny would say "ain't so funny when it's your momma is it?"

Really?  From somebody who lives in Florida? How much tax money have we blown repairing your state's shit?

I've always felt that people should have to pay risk adjusted premiums covering the liklihood of loss to their property.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on October 31, 2012, 11:21:25 AM
I've always felt that people should have to pay risk adjusted premiums covering the liklihood of loss to their property.
They do, except in hurricane-prone areas.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Still no power at my parent's house.

Now they're in Raritan Township,  NJ... for some strange reason.

Only thing I can think of is they went to my cousin's wife's parents' house, which is around there somewhere.

garbon

They are now saying another 2-3 days for power in Manhattan. Subway service to resume tomorrow but only from 34th (or 42nd in another report) to UES and UWS.  Not very useful for me. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I'm trying to remember which of you people mocked Kentucky for being out of power for a week after that monster ice storm a few years back. :hmm:

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on October 31, 2012, 12:57:25 PM
I'm trying to remember which of you people mocked Kentucky for being out of power for a week after that monster ice storm a few years back. :hmm:

People need a specific reason to mock Kentucky?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

I only gave you shit for your "Bah, tornadoes are rare in this part of Kentucky" stance when you moved.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 02:44:43 PM

I only gave you shit for your "Bah, tornadoes are rare in this part of Kentucky" stance when you moved.

Ever since he taunted Gaia, the weather in the Ohio Valley has had shitty weather.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Probably only because you were on this 'OMG Kentucky is the new Eden' trip shortly after you moved :P

Which really was just a big indictment on the Greater Boston area.