Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 08:28:22 AM
What the hell kind of hurricane makes it this far inland?? :blink:
It's not that unusual.

A few years back Hurricane Ike came up the Ohio Valley and caused massive power outages here in Louisville.  I used to work with a chick whose power was out for almost two weeks. :wacko:

Also, this hurricane is hammering central Pennsylvania like Hurricane Agnes did in 1972 or whenever it was.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 08:28:22 AM

What the hell kind of hurricane makes it this far inland?? :blink:
A Frankenstorm kind of hurricane? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Thankfully, so far the frankenstorm was more of a damp squib in Toronto.  :)

We were told to stock supplies for three days ... but not much has happened yet. The worst was supposed to be last night. Some high winds, some trees down.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

The cover for my propane grill blew off and there was an inch of slushy wet snow on my car this morning :o
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

I checked in to see how Jersey City was doing after the hurricane, to see if I can start thinking about driving back home.  The first thing I found was a CNN iReport showing my neighborhood under 4 feet of water.  :hmm:  I don't think that's a good sign.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2012, 11:14:41 AM
I checked in to see how Jersey City was doing after the hurricane, to see if I can start thinking about driving back home.  The first thing I found was a CNN iReport showing my neighborhood under 4 feet of water.  :hmm:  I don't think that's a good sign.

What do you mean - it's a great sign!  You now live in oceanfront property!   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

250k without power in ohio. The storm glanced at the power grid here and shit went down.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I hope garbon's OK, and he hasn't been set upon by roving bands of cannibalistic Puerto Ricans.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on October 30, 2012, 11:34:57 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2012, 11:14:41 AM

What do you mean - it's a great sign!  You now live in oceanfront property!   :cool:
I already lived on riverfront property.  Being an oceanfront property is a downgrade.   :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 12:03:37 PM
I hope garbon's OK, and he hasn't been set upon by roving bands of cannibalistic Puerto Ricans.

He's huddled in a corner with a can of potted meat and a box of Ritz crackers.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2012, 08:03:03 AM
Yeah, all of this federal, state and local emergency organization is just ludicrous, people should learn to stand on their own two feet and fight off bad weather themselves; sink or swim?

Nothing encourages personal responsibility like having to deal with a natural disaster about by oneself.  REAL AMERICANS LOOT AND FORAGE

But wait til President Romney disbands FEMA, and PLJ has to deal with Florida EMA by himself in Jacksonville, the world's largest trailer park.  On the flip side, he can afford its privatization when he gets the bill from KBR to rebuild his shit.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2012, 12:10:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 12:03:37 PM

He's huddled in a corner with a can of potted meat and a box of Ritz crackers.

With all those old glo sticks from his rave days he forgot he had.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 30, 2012, 12:11:36 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 30, 2012, 08:03:03 AM
Yeah, all of this federal, state and local emergency organization is just ludicrous, people should learn to stand on their own two feet and fight off bad weather themselves; sink or swim?

Nothing encourages personal responsibility like having to deal with a natural disaster about by oneself.  REAL AMERICANS LOOT AND FORAGE

But wait til President Romney disbands FEMA, and PLJ has to deal with Florida EMA by himself in Jacksonville, the world's largest trailer park.  On the flip side, he can afford its privatization when he gets the bill from KBR to rebuild his shit.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Most importantly, Christie is gonna reschedule Halloween. DG still isn't getting blueberries in his sack.

DGuller

My dad thought that he won't be coming to work this week, because subways won't be back until the weekend.  Now turns out that the roof at his workplace in Bronx was blown off.  :blink:  He may be out a while longer.