News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on October 30, 2012, 05:28:47 AM
:bleeding: Watching the coverage on WPVI-Philadelphia is forcing me to listen to irritating Philly accents.

"Lookit all da treesh down all over dis schtreet.  It's TURRIBLE"

Taint as bad as Warshington DC.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Christie has got his fangs into Atlantic City mayor. Hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

To be fair, there's no way to be a 'good' mayor of AC. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

My sister lives in Queens. HOpefully she won't be affected. She might have to move up here otherwise.
PDH!

Rasputin

I don't get why yankees insist on building houses on the water and then expect the taxpayer to bail them out when a hurricane hits?

Or as Little Johnny would say "ain't so funny when it's your momma is it?"
Who is John Galt?

mongers

Quote from: Rasputin on October 30, 2012, 07:48:04 AM
I don't get why yankees insist on building houses on the water and then expect the taxpayer to bail them out when a hurricane hits?

Yeah, all of this federal, state and local emergency organization is just ludicrous, people should learn to stand on their own two feet and fight off bad weather themselves; sink or swim?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

WTF?? :grr:

I go to bed with the storm doing what it's supposed to be doing: heading up the coast and to the east. I wake up with the damn thing heading my way! Winds aren't too horrible yet, but they're supposed to be seriously picking up over the next few hours. Rain/snow is iffy so far.

What the hell kind of hurricane makes it this far inland?? :blink:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

I know, right? I mean, then you've got all of the morons building houses in tornado alley in the midwest, too! Or where it snows. I mean srly.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on October 30, 2012, 08:33:52 AM

I know, right? I mean, then you've got all of the morons building houses in tornado alley in the midwest, too! Or where it snows. I mean srly.

Objectivists are such great people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Move people out of the Mississippi flood plains too, and earthquake territory. Or if they insist on staying, cut them off from public funds. Same for folks caught by the drought.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 30, 2012, 09:04:30 AM
Move people out of the Mississippi flood plains too, and earthquake territory. Or if they insist on staying, cut them off from public funds. Same for folks caught by the drought.

Or really, anyone on this terrestrial sphere.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Count

Trump's twitter is fantastic:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years