And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Gov kasisch just sent a BE PREPARED email. Thanks!

That is super helpful.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 29, 2012, 07:15:37 PM
Well, Vineland could certainly use the rinse.

Sure could.  Bridgeton's in really dire need, though.  Compared to Bridgeton, Vineland's the Ritz.
Experience bij!

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 07:20:44 PM
Gov kasisch just sent a BE PREPARED email. Thanks!

That is super helpful.

Heah, I got an automated phone call from our environment agency (floods) asking for my email address, I guess because I live 10 yards from a significant English river; they ain't getting it, I'll rely on my own sight, knee joints and sea weed to divine when it'll flood.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 29, 2012, 07:02:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 29, 2012, 06:29:36 PM
I hope Carrot is ok... he's directly in the path of the storm too (though a bit inland).

I'm sure he built a shelter with his vast knowledge of everything.
:pinch:

Did you finish your exam yet?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Damn, BGE service loss has practically tripled in the last  2 1/2 hours, from 50K at 6:30 to 160K now, at almost 9pm.

I've had a few dimming events in the last 20 minutes, so who knows guys.  Wind is really whipping up.  Gonna make me a grilled cheese sammich while I still can.

Caliga

The siding is blowing off of my brother's house in Brookhaven (Delaware Co., Pa.)  He went outside to start collecting it and he saw a transformer explode.  Then he lost power.  Whee.

Ed Anger

The footage from fox looks like movie stills from Escape from New York.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Thank God I remembered to fully recharge the iPod.  I don't think I could go through this without Kip Winger at 128 kbps sampling rate.  HEADED FOR A HEARTBREAK

CountDeMoney

Anybody get a chance to see that bathtub footage from New York?  A filled bathtub on the 40th floor of a highrise, it was sloshing like they were on a ship.  Fuck that.

I wonder how many people will die in generator-related deaths this week.  I JUST GOT IT FIRED IT UP IN THE GARAGE WITH THE DOOR CLOSED I FEEL

Caliga

Caliga

Not that much going on right now, which is why they are marveling at why the air in downtown Philly near the river 'smells like the ocean'. :rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Apparently the center of the landfall zone was Margate.

I am: concerned about Lucy. :(

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom