And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

By the way, why will a full moon make the tides worse? A full moon isn't closer to earth, or bigger. The only thing happening is more light falls on it and reflects to Earth.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

Quote from: DGuller on October 29, 2012, 05:07:55 PM
Shit just got serious here.  The Internet went out for a couple of minutes, both by cable and by 4G.  My sister reported the same thing.  Thankfully it's better now.

Four million Facebookers cried out in anguish....
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2012, 05:26:40 PM
By the way, why will a full moon make the tides worse? A full moon isn't closer to earth, or bigger. The only thing happening is more light falls on it and reflects to Earth.

Use wikipedia.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

:blush:

That is the problem with my limited computer access. All the good stuff gets posted already.

The Larch

A buddy of mine is in NY right now, barricaded somewhere in Harlem. He says that back at home it'd be just a regular storm, nothing to write home about.  :mellow:

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on October 29, 2012, 05:32:33 PM
A buddy of mine is in NY right now, barricaded somewhere in Harlem. He says that back at home it'd be just a regular storm, nothing to write home about.  :mellow:

He is a filthy liar.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2012, 05:31:20 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2012, 05:26:40 PM

Use wikipedia.
I already looked at a Moon phase diagram and figured it out.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

If I lose power, I'll jump onto the iHipster and let you know.

I can see the top of the substation that feeds my development from my deck off in the distance, and luckily all the cabling in the area is underground, so it's going to take a major FUBAR to lose my juice.
Then again, I lost power for over 4 days during Isabel in 2003, so who the fuck knows.

Being on the third floor on the top of a hill, man, my walls are creaking like Ed's leg and Darth Wagtaros' back first thing in the morning.

Ed Anger

Tonitrus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2012, 05:49:24 PM
I assume GangstaKitty is annoyed.

She's annoyed I haven't fed her for the evening.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 29, 2012, 05:50:05 PM
Still going strong here.

You should be OK, since you're in base housing;  there's 4 substations redundantly feeding that fucker, 3 owned by NSA and 1 owned by the US Army.  It would really take something to fuck up 4 subs, you should be OK through the whole thing.