News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 06:49:04 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 01, 2012, 05:08:41 PM
How would you feel coming to the operating table with a 1 in 4 chance of dying? 

That's a pretty shitty analogy.  If I had a greater chance of dying without the operation I'd feel pretty good about it.  And despite all the hype, this election ain't analogous to life and death regardless of which guy wins.

Hypothetically, would you pay me 3:1 if we bet on this?
You mean betting on a Romney win?

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
I doubt Ed has an accent.  He's from the correct region.
Is there a region you can come from where you don't have temperature? or mass? Or is Ed mute?

Eddie Teach

Accents only exist in the ear of the listener.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

With only a few days left, Romney will campaign in... Pennsylvania this Sunday; VP nominee Paul Ryan there this Saturday.

Obama in Wisconsin today. Jill Biden will be in Pennsylvania this Friday and Saturday. These are not states that I expected to see action by the end of the race.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Romney-RNC-splashing-down-in-Pa-in-11th-hour-bid-4001859.php

Sheilbh

They could be in play, they could not - there's messaging in where you campaign. 

If you campaign in states they should be winning you're saying that you're confident, pressing forward and have momentum.  If you campaign in states you should be winning you're saying you're cautious and playing defensively.  Both of those messages could be entirely unrelated to the actual state of the campaign, so long as it's not absurd (ie. Obama campaigning in Alabama).

Edit:  So I suppose there's two possibilities.  Romney could be doing better than the polls would indicate, and that's why the campaign's there.  Or Romney's doing as well as the polls indicate and for him it's a bit of a Hail Mary, while Obama's cautiously, conservatively getting the EVs he needs.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Romney should be winning Colorado and Nevada. /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: mongers on October 28, 2012, 12:57:43 PM
So might the post 'global warming' storm chaos blow the election Romneys' way ?   

:P

I'm having some difficulty believing this might be important, I think the view I'm now getting from the media over here is wrong.

Has the damage been as widespread as the media portrays, might only a few thousands home have been lost/damage severely ?

And would one storm, albeit large, really change a considerable number of peoples view on the issue and influence who they voted for ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I've noticed 'scary Chinese takeover' ad is running again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 02, 2012, 07:21:07 AM
I've noticed 'scary Chinese takeover' ad is running again.

The laughing at the end makes me want to go punch a mathlete in the face.

CountDeMoney

October Jobs Report issued today:  171,000 jobs created, 7.9% unemployment rate.

Listening to it on the news, some better statistics in there, from private sector payroll numbers going up, "discouraged job seekers" -reentering the job force increased.  Market looking happy this morning prior to opening.

garbon

Meterologists are suggesting Northeast could bit hit by Nor'easter on election day.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 01, 2012, 09:32:03 PM
Romney should be winning Colorado and Nevada. /shrug
Aren't they full of potheads and hookers respectively? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2012, 07:36:23 AM
October Jobs Report issued today:  171,000 jobs created, 7.9% unemployment rate.
I bet Romney wishes he could have gotten that extra .1%.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Phillip V

The unemployment rate has increased to 7.9% as of today; no big symbolic move, so the jobs report will have little-to-no effect on the election. The hurricane was probably more important, being a net positive for President Obama in voter opinion. On the other hand, the hurricane after-effects may depress his popular vote total due to the damage in the Northeast.

Meanwhile, another last minute election scramble has Bill Clinton traveling to Pennsylvania this Monday after having been in Minnesota a few days ago.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Jill-Biden-Clinton-to-visit-Pa-before-Tuesday-4003268.php

Kleves

I don't understand why Romney hasn't been trying to compete in more states before this last week. It's not like he's out of money. Was he worried that if he put money into states in which the polls didn't move, he would look bad or something?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.