News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

DGuller

The US party system is pretty silly when it comes to citizens registering for it.  In Soviet Union, being part of the Communist party was the real deal.  You paid your dues, and you voted on all internal party matters.  And those votes had a real effect as well:  if you voted for the wrong faction, you died.

Ed Anger

DG misses the old days. That extra hunk of black bread and the three potatoes for his prized party membership. Those were the days!

Now? His brownosing of the Democrats gives him diddly squat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm a registered Republican.  :huh:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on November 02, 2012, 01:23:00 PM
The US party system is pretty silly when it comes to citizens registering for it.  In Soviet Union, being part of the Communist party was the real deal.  You paid your dues, and you voted on all internal party matters.  And those votes had a real effect as well:  if you voted for the wrong faction, you died.

Khrushchev was giving a speech about the horrible things Stalin had done at a party rally once. Suddenly someone in the crowd shouted "Why didn't you speak up?". Khrushchev got a furious look on his face and shouted out "Who said that?", but nobody would admit they had shouted the question. Then Khrushchev said, "That's why I didn't speak up". 
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on November 02, 2012, 01:27:33 PM

And the quiz said you should vote for Romney. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2012, 02:15:25 PM

Great, now garbon is defacing property and causing motor vehicle accidents.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2012, 02:35:11 PM

:lol:

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2012, 07:36:23 AM
7.9% unemployment rate.

Market looking happy this morning prior to opening.
Market took a big drop today. If the Dow drops below 13000 on Monday afternoon, that may upset some voters.

http://www.google.com/finance

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on November 02, 2012, 03:09:30 PM
7.9% unemployment rate.

Market took a big drop today. If the Dow drops below 13000 on Monday afternoon, that may upset some voters.

They opened happy, and then oil prices took a tumble, taking the market with them. 
Don't blame the jobs report, blame OPEC.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2012, 02:35:11 PM

I could totally see derspiess and garbon in a Dukes of Hazzard-style TV buddy show, tear-assing around the county like Bo and Luke Duke, giving Boss Obama and Sheriff Biden all sorts of grief.

Although Luke would have kinkier hair and wearing Daisy's shorts.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2012, 03:11:17 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 02, 2012, 03:09:30 PM
7.9% unemployment rate.

They opened happy, and then oil prices took a tumble, taking the market with them. 
Don't blame the jobs report, blame OPEC.
Don't ask me about what causes market drops. Ask the voter. ;)

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on November 02, 2012, 01:27:33 PM

A true independent.