News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:43:09 AM
Talking about how he supports single moms who are scraping by: "We have very full hearts."

Alrighty then.
Maybe he'll put them in a binder.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on November 01, 2012, 03:12:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:43:09 AM
Talking about how he supports single moms who are scraping by: "We have very full hearts."

Alrighty then.
Maybe he'll put them in a binder.

The women's organizations do that first and then give him the binders. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 09:43:36 AM
Looks like the rally Friday is gonna be kind of a big deal. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/31/romney-and-ryan-plan-major-kick-off-rally-friday-in-ohio/?wprss=rss_election-2012

SCOTT HAMILTON FTW!!!! :punk:

Just heard on the radio that Kid Rock will join the stage :lol:

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Don't forget your canned goods the Red Cross won't need, Muttski.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 03:25:28 PM
Don't forget your canned goods the Red Cross won't need, Muttski.

The Red Cross will take my cans of pork'n beans and happily repackage them if they know what's good for them :angry:

Money?  Their million dollar CEO can donate some of her own.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on November 01, 2012, 01:26:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 12:31:56 PM

Plus, he didn't build that.  Someone else made it happen.

Well, in this case that's true. All Ed did was let some shelves fall on him. Presto! Instant wealth!

Let?

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 11:57:36 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 11:21:17 AM
What people keep missing when they bitch about Silver's "76.4 percent" is that the remaining "23.6 percent" is a really, really big fucking chunk of chance.

Not really.  It's less than 1 in 4.
How would you feel coming to the operating table with a 1 in 4 chance of dying?  Seedy is right on, a lot of people are unable to comprehend probabilities, and convert anything greater than 50% to 100%, and less than 50% to 0%.  To be fair, it doesn't help when Nate Silver is being touted for calling 49 out of 50 states right, since that's not a correct metric to evaluate in hindsight his probabilities.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 02:15:59 PM
Anyway, my prediction from months ago stands:  Romney wins the popular vote but Obama wins electoral, with it all hinging on one state.
Wanna bet?

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
I doubt Ed has an accent.  He's from the correct region.
From Kentucky?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on November 01, 2012, 05:10:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 02:15:59 PM
Anyway, my prediction from months ago stands:  Romney wins the popular vote but Obama wins electoral, with it all hinging on one state.
Wanna bet?

No.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on November 01, 2012, 05:08:41 PM
How would you feel coming to the operating table with a 1 in 4 chance of dying? 

That's a pretty shitty analogy.  If I had a greater chance of dying without the operation I'd feel pretty good about it.  And despite all the hype, this election ain't analogous to life and death regardless of which guy wins.

Hypothetically, would you pay me 3:1 if we bet on this?

derspiess

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on October 31, 2012, 11:57:36 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2012, 11:21:17 AM
What people keep missing when they bitch about Silver's "76.4 percent" is that the remaining "23.6 percent" is a really, really big fucking chunk of chance.

Not really.  It's less than 1 in 4.
As OvB pointed out Silver considers anything under 65% a toss-up.  So that actually means it's leaning Obama.  I read a very interesting post by a political statistician, which I can't find, on this where he basically said it's the equivalent of, in football, Obama being a couple of points up with 5 minutes to go. 

However as I say all the prediction models I've seen are predicting an Obama win (largely because of Ohio and Iowa) and the bookies have Obama 1/4, Romney 11/4.  I don't think Silver's that odd - but the attention he attracts is, for some reason.
Let's bomb Russia!