News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2012, 09:48:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:41:01 AM
As is 12 million jobs in 4.

If one went by this election one would think the only thing that determines employment is tax policy.  Clearly if we just disbanded the government tommorow and cut taxes to zero we would all be enjoying high paying middle class jobs.  Labor markets have nothing to do with it.

Even with/without that, I just don't understand how a lower taxe = new employee? Why not just pocket the money?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 10:10:37 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:50:54 AM
I for one can't wait to see how all those future former Federal employees are going to get absorbed into a private sector that refuses to hire.

Because they're refusing to hire while Obama is president.

Well, you know that and I know that, but I don't see how they're going to want to hire a substantial portion of the 2,500,000 federal employees we have now once the Federal government is eviscerated, even after they finally release the $2 trillion in capital they've been accumulating under Obama because they're waiting for a more "business friendly" president to release them from a regulatory environment.

MadImmortalMan

I for one can't wait to see how all those future former Federal employees are going to get absorbed into a private sector that refuses to hire.

Correction: They're waiting to see if he still will be.

If Romney does get elected, the rules will change yet again. Nobody wants to hire until they know what the rules will really be.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

So far this week I've gotten emails from Josh and Tagg.  No word from the other three yet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 12:08:40 PM
So far this week I've gotten emails from Josh and Tagg.  No word from the other three yet.

You have to contribute a bit more to unlock all five!

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 01, 2012, 11:14:26 AM

Correction: They're waiting to see if he still will be.

If Romney does get elected, the rules will change yet again. Nobody wants to hire until they know what the rules will really be.

I know I'm waiting myself.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 12:10:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 12:08:40 PM

You have to contribute a bit more to unlock all five!

:lol:  There's always a catch.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 01, 2012, 12:13:13 PM

Coward.  True Job Creators(tm) wait for no man.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 12:22:04 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 01, 2012, 12:13:13 PM

Plus, he didn't build that.  Someone else made it happen.

Ed Anger

I'll just sleep on top of my hoard for awhile.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

My brother was shopping at Costco and some dude in there gave him tickets to see Paul Ryan speak at the convention center today. Should I go?  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

With only a few days left, Obama is campaigning in Wisconsin today. His campaign acknowledged that the state is now in play, citing that VP nominee Paul Ryan "basically moved into the state". Ryan has a house and family in Wisconsin, representing the state in Congress for 14 years.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/11/obama-camp-ryan-put-wis-in-play-147984.html

VP Nominee pulled political stunt yesterday on Halloween by taking children out for trick-or-treating where they hypocritically accepted free handouts just for showing up:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 12:31:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 12:22:04 PM

With his leg, I wouldn't trust him to lift it, either. 

Would probably just try to hump it anyhow.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 12:31:56 PM

Well, in this case that's true. All Ed did was let some shelves fall on him. Presto! Instant wealth!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on November 01, 2012, 01:06:26 PM
VP Nominee pulled political stunt yesterday on Halloween by taking children out for trick-or-treating where they hypocritically accepted free handouts just for showing up:

:lol:  I gave out Obama Phones.