News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I doubt Ed has an accent.  He's from the correct region.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I have a confession: I picked up a slight southern accent when I was 12. Never could get rid of it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 31, 2012, 03:36:20 PM
I have a confession: I picked up a slight southern accent when I was 12. Never could get rid of it.

:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

So here is an interesting contrast between our two countries.

Lets say the US economy quickly recovered after Obama was elected and he didnt spend all the stimulus money which had been approved in the budget because he determined such stimulus was no longer necessary.

Would he be condemned for lack of transparency and accountability for deciding not to spend the money or would he be congratulated for good fiscal management.

That is the position in which our Prime Minister finds himself.  The NDP is jumping up and down condemning him for not spending the money he said he would.  Others say it is a good thing not to spend stimulus money when the stimulus is no longer needed.

Other than wanting to move to a country that has such problems what says Languish - since I know most of you wouldnt be caught dead in the Canadian politics thread.

CountDeMoney

Watching Romney's rally in Roanoke now.

After hearing how how North America can achieve energy independence in 8 years, while 12 million jobs can be created in 4 years by lowering taxes so many times, and repealing and replacing Obamacare will save me $2,600 a year, he almost has me convinced.

Favorite quote so far:
"President Obama likes energy that's above the ground like the wind and the sun...well I like prefer stuff that's underground...Oil, coal and gas...and we'll get it all under my Administration!"

derspiess

Glad to have you on board, then.  After DG was told by that quiz he was a Romney supporter, I figured you would be next in line.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I said almost.  North American energy independence in 8 years is scientifically and economically impossible.  As is 12 million jobs in 4.

Although, I am intrigued about how he'll replace Romneycare with Romneycare.  :P

CountDeMoney

Talking about how he supports single moms who are scraping by: "We have very full hearts."

Alrighty then.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:41:01 AM
I said almost.  North American energy independence in 8 years is scientifically and economically impossible.

Well he does mention Natural Gas and Coal so maybe he is talking about electricity in which case we are already energy independent.  It is fuel we import, not sure how Natural Gas and Coal are going to help us with that.  Maybe he is going to pass legislation mandating electric cars only.  That might do it actually.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

As is 12 million jobs in 4.

If one went by this election one would think the only thing that determines employment is tax policy.  Clearly if we just disbanded the government tommorow and cut taxes to zero we would all be enjoying high paying middle class jobs.  Labor markets have nothing to do with it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2012, 09:48:43 AM
If one went by this election one would think the only thing that determines employment is tax policy.  Clearly if we just disbanded the government tommorow and cut taxes to zero we would all be enjoying high paying middle class jobs.  Labor markets have nothing to do with it.

I for one can't wait to see how all those future former Federal employees are going to get absorbed into a private sector that refuses to hire.

derspiess

Although, I am intrigued about how he'll replace Romneycare with Romneycare.  :P

To quote Biden, "a three letter word: JOBS"  :D

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:50:54 AM
I for one can't wait to see how all those future former Federal employees are going to get absorbed into a private sector that refuses to hire.

Because they're refusing to hire while Obama is president.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on November 01, 2012, 10:10:37 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 09:50:54 AM

Because they're refusing to hire while Obama is president.

:lol:

I just pictured some good ole' boy sitting around a conference table with his managers, stoagie in his mouth, saying, "I really need all these people, but I tell you boys what. I'm not going to hire a stinking one of them until that man is out of the White House!" :mad:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...