News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Phillip V

What is interesting is how Obama's approval numbers have plummeted the past week.

In less than 7 days, Gallup has had the President go from a net 6-point approval to a net 3-point disapproval.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

CountDeMoney

So, Phil...once it's all over, how will you feed your need for electoral-based statistical analysis orgasms?  Dry humping consumer reports?  Exposing yourself to DWI fatality statistics?  Fondling recidivism rates on the bus?

Phillip V

CountDeMoney

Curl up in the fetal position in an oversize shirt and little white socks, and cry yourself to sleep with a bottle of chablis and scented candles, listening to Sade?

garbon

Hey now! No need to throw scented candles and Sade in with him. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2012, 12:11:54 PM
Hey now! No need to throw scented candles and Sade in with him. :angry:

Lavender and No Ordinary Love. :wub:

Phillip V

Green Bay, Wisconsin is now the most heavily bought ad market in America. Both Romney and Obama will campaign in the state this week.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82971.html

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 27, 2012, 08:54:18 PM
NV SecState says over 300k people have early voted so far. Dems with a 20% turnout lead so far.

Now 400k and 10%. Some tightening it seems.

Incidentally, that's a huge portion of the voters. That's almost the same as the population of my whole city metro area (Washoe). Clark (Vegas) has 2 millionish.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2012, 11:56:59 AM
So, Phil...once it's all over, how will you feed your need for electoral-based statistical analysis orgasms?  Dry humping consumer reports?  Exposing yourself to DWI fatality statistics?  Fondling recidivism rates on the bus?

He could do the fantasy baseball/football/basketball thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on October 28, 2012, 01:01:18 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin is now the most heavily bought ad market in America. Both Romney and Obama will campaign in the state this week.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82971.html

Obama is a bears fan so he is screwed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

The race looks like it's about as tight as it can be, and has been for a few weeks.  Wonder if any of the news outlets will be able to avoid the obligatory "Presidential Race Tightens in Last Week Before Election" story they always like to run?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 29, 2012, 09:16:37 AM
The race looks like it's about as tight as it can be, and has been for a few weeks.  Wonder if any of the news outlets will be able to avoid the obligatory "Presidential Race Tightens in Last Week Before Election" story they always like to run?

I can't imagine anything can happen at this point that will change things, either. Now, like you said, it comes down to who shows up at the voting booths. Luckily, Frankenstorm will mostly be gone by election day. I'd hate to think that the election would come down to who was stupid enough to go out in a hurricane to vote.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Kleves

Quote from: merithyn on October 29, 2012, 09:18:58 AM
I can't imagine anything can happen at this point that will change things, either.
I think the jobs numbers coming out later this week could be pretty important.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

merithyn

Quote from: Kleves on October 29, 2012, 09:27:37 AM
I can't imagine anything can happen at this point that will change things, either.

I doubt it. At this point, those who believe that Obama has done the right stuff have already decided to vote for him. Those who've decided that Romney is right and it's moving along too slowly have already decided to vote for him. Short of the jobs numbers coming back with a million new jobs and unemployment under 6%, it's not going to shift anything.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Phillip V

Quote from: Kleves on October 29, 2012, 09:27:37 AM
Agreed. If the unemployment rate bumped back up the psychological 8% barrier, it could tilt the election into a clear Romney win.

The financial boosting effects of Quantitative Easing 3 are currently keeping the President afloat.