And we're back!

Main Menu

Timmay Splog Moment.

Started by mongers, October 22, 2012, 10:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I'm almost timmayesque in my response to this item:

Beluga whale 'makes human-like sounds'

Researchers in the US have been shocked to discover a beluga whale whose vocalisations were remarkably close to human speech.

While dolphins have been taught to mimic the pattern and durations of sounds in human speech, no animal has spontaneously tried such mimicry.

But researchers heard a nine-year-old whale named NOC make sounds octaves below normal, in clipped bursts.

Rest of item here, together with a recording of the sounds he's making:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20026938
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Fucking whales!  As soon as they learn to speak they'll be seducing our women!  I've seen this before.  Harpoon first and ask questions later.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I can't fucking wait until Nature does the right thing and whales develop opposable flippers, can hold their breath while walking upright, go ashore and beat the living fuck out of some Scandinavians.

Neil

Why would the whales have to hold their breath on land?  They're not fish, you know?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 10:24:30 PM
I can't fucking wait until Nature does the right thing and whales develop opposable flippers, can hold their breath while walking upright, go ashore and beat the living fuck out of some Scandinavians.
uhm, ya, you lost the right to make fun of Tyr's drunk friends :P

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2012, 10:26:12 PM
Why would the whales have to hold their breath on land?  They're not fish, you know?

:lol: :blush:

Man, I've got to stop watching so many Romney debates.

SYRIA IS THE WHALES PATH TO THE SEA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on October 22, 2012, 10:28:58 PM

I have.  :cry:

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 10:30:05 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 22, 2012, 10:28:58 PM

I have.  :cry:
it's ok, it's a confused whale :hug:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 22, 2012, 10:21:48 PM
Fucking whales!  As soon as they learn to speak they'll be seducing our women!  I've seen this before.  Harpoon first and ask questions later.

Judging from some people we know, they would probably just live in Alaska and post on Languish, instead.

Eddie Teach

If whales came on land they'd die of starvation because food no longer swam right into their mouths in sufficient quantities.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

I can't stop listening to it, it makes me giggle every time. It's a bit of a stretch to imagine it sounds like human speech though. Unless it's some mad old uncle trying to entertain children at a family party.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 10:29:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2012, 10:26:12 PM

:lol: :blush:

Man, I've got to stop watching so many Romney debates.

SYRIA IS THE WHALES PATH TO THE SEA

Yeah sorry but you can't blame this one on Mitt. That's all you, brother.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2012, 07:28:46 AM
Yeah sorry but you can't blame this one on Mitt. That's all you, brother.

Meh.

lustindarkness

Does it sound like this whale was stomping grapes on a platform, fell down and got the wind knocked out of it?

:lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom