POTUS Debate II: The Empire Strikes Back at the Wrath of Electric Mittensaloo

Started by CountDeMoney, October 15, 2012, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

garbon

http://www.caintv.com/ObamaMorefeistyperhapsbutjusta-584

QuoteBarack Obama knew he had to do something different last night than he did in the first debate, and he did. He acted indignant. He interrupted. He gave us the whole feisty routine that we had been told we would see.

But there's one thing he didn't do any better than he did in the first debate, and that was defend his record. His record is no better now than it was two weeks ago, so no matter how much differently he comports himself, the facts are still the facts.

For me, though, the defining moment was one of the last. After Mitt Romney talked about the need to change policies so we can attract more jobs and build businesses, President Obama railed against the notion of cutting government spending, or "investments" as he calls it, because this spending is what will lead to the founding of the next Apple or the next other great American company.

This was astounding! Barack Obama really believes that great American businesses are created because of government spending! My friends, this man's ignorance about business and job creation is unbelievable!

Mitt Romney had a simple but powerful rejoinder: Government doesn't create jobs. And moments later, Obama claimed to believe the same thing. But he has demonstrated for the past four years that he doesn't, because everything he does favors the heavy hand of government and treats the private-sector business community as if it's a bunch of criminals stealing from the poor.

Obama may have been more feisty this time, but he was just as wrong last night as he was in Denver, and as he's been for the past four years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

That said it was pretty cute Cain's comment about welcoming Hillary under the bus.

QuoteNow they're throwing Hillary under the bus. It's pretty crowded under that bus, because Obama does not take responsibility when he messes up – and he messes up a lot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on October 17, 2012, 02:29:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 01:56:25 PMWeren't you the one who started a thread about it? ;)

That's a pretty weak standard to employ.

In honest, I only put you on as I didn't want to give the appearance of picking on Seedy. :hug:

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 02:34:45 PMIn honest, I only put you on as I didn't want to give the appearance of picking on Seedy. :hug:

:lol:

I don't mind the company; Seedy's good people.

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on October 17, 2012, 02:35:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2012, 02:34:45 PMIn honest, I only put you on as I didn't want to give the appearance of picking on Seedy. :hug:

:lol:

I don't mind the company; Seedy's good people.

The man is a waste of cat.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2012, 02:37:11 PM

Cat can't reach the fireplace switch;  I can.  In return, she keeps my nuts warm at night.  We have a relationship of utility.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2012, 02:40:04 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2012, 02:37:11 PM

Cat can't reach the fireplace switch;  I can.  In return, she keeps my nuts warm at night.  We have a relationship of utility.

:o Not too warm I hope. I haven't given up on you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Romney has expanded his Gallup lead to 6 (51 to 45).  From the debate, I expect Obama to eat into that lead by a at least a couple points.  But if Romney manages to stick around at 51 or 50 for the next week or so then Obama's got problems.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157817/election-2012-likely-voters-trial-heat-obama-romney.aspx
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

I'm going to call bullshit on that 6 point lead for Romney.  More crap polls being cherrypicked.  Putting many different polls together isn't going to reduce the margin of error if you're going to take the most extreme result as representative; it's actually going to increase it past the stated 3% or whatever it is.

derspiess

Not sure how Gallup is a crap poll.  They have the largest sample size of all the polls (2700).