And we're back!

Main Menu

BBC: Second Spanish Civil War Is Possible

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 05, 2012, 10:48:10 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2012, 10:06:40 AM

And I disagree.  We are not taking this seriously at all.  There are places on the internet, and outside it, where people discuss these questions in earnest.
:yes:

You didn't seem to be joking.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 05, 2012, 12:09:41 PM
When denigrating johnny foreigner on the internet, popular wisdom is to inform south americans they are "browns", and all slavs/ southern europeans they are "fake white".

In what way are slavs "fake white"? :huh:

I'll admit when it comes to some further southern slavs (Bulgarians, macedonians) you get the same pigmentation issues as, say, Greeks.

But your average Polack or Uke has pretty fair skin.  Plenty of other spurious ways to attack my countrymen without making stuff up.  You can try Neil's "slavs are sub-human", or Malthus' "slavs are all anti-semites" for example. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2012, 12:25:05 PM
It was pretty. Clear when I posted that. Most(much?) Of the thread was racial theory nonsense.

I was making a joke.  Anyway I apologize I was only kidding around.  Come on 'Honky-Crackerness' should have been a clue.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2012, 12:36:27 PM
It was pretty. Clear when I posted that. Most(much?) Of the thread was racial theory nonsense.

I was making a joke.  Anyway I apologize I was only kidding around.  Come on 'Honky-Crackerness' should have been a clue.

You apologize too easily.  If you don't stand up for a proper definition of "white", who will?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2012, 12:36:27 PM

To be honest I don't even recall your contribution.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 12:31:58 PM
But your average Polack or Uke has pretty fair skin.  Plenty of other spurious ways to attack my countrymen without making stuff up.  You can try Neil's "slavs are sub-human", or Malthus' "slavs are all anti-semites" for example. :)

Well, they are anti-Semites. All of them. No exceptions.

I'm married to one, so I ought to know!  :ph34r:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2012, 10:01:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 10:34:10 PM
Well sorta.  If you say that somebody is Asian people are going to think they are East Asian.  They will be really confused if an Indian dude walks in.  But by the census they are considered Asian.
That's because of the US's population.  In the UK it'd be the opposite.  You'd have to specify 'East Asian' but if you describe someone as 'Asian' then you'd imagine someone who's Indian or Pakistani.

Aside from that I've always thought racial categorisation kind of pointless.  Never so much as having read this thread :bleeding:

Pretty soon they are going to break out the Calipers and start measuring skull shape.  Mine is lumpy on account of me being clumsy and running into things. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on October 05, 2012, 12:58:58 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2012, 10:01:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 10:34:10 PM
Well sorta.  If you say that somebody is Asian people are going to think they are East Asian.  They will be really confused if an Indian dude walks in.  But by the census they are considered Asian.
That's because of the US's population.  In the UK it'd be the opposite.  You'd have to specify 'East Asian' but if you describe someone as 'Asian' then you'd imagine someone who's Indian or Pakistani.

Aside from that I've always thought racial categorisation kind of pointless.  Never so much as having read this thread :bleeding:

Pretty soon they are going to break out the Calipers and start measuring skull shape.  Mine is lumpy on account of me being clumsy and running into things. :)

So, we'll put you down as "mixed race" then.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Barrister

Razgovory

Jacob

Barrister

I was going for more of a Young Frankenstein riff.  :(

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 12:31:58 PM
In what way are slavs "fake white"? :huh:

I'll admit when it comes to some further southern slavs (Bulgarians, macedonians) you get the same pigmentation issues as, say, Greeks.

Well, pigmentation isnt really the issue here- the subhuman thing is much more relevant. In currency are terms like "flipper-fingered subhumans" and "godless slave race." "slave race" has a life of its own as an adjective- a particularly inadequate supper is prone to being described as slave race, as is an underpowered game character, the performance of one's team, or a broken chair. Untermensch is likely to come up from those near and dear to me, although I personally don't find it to taste.

Accusing them of being anti-semites wouldnt really truck much for the desired effect, as anyone on your own team whose incompetence is sabotaging communal efforts is likely to be outed as a jewish agent, which will invariably lead to the aphorism "all jews are bad news."

(Another vital thing, discussed previously I believe, is to assail anything negative as racist, much in the same way as slave race, with the subtle difference that poor quality is slave race, while anything disagreeable or unpleasant, such as the weather or an odious opinion, can be racist. It is possible to have the coveted overlap of "racist slave race shenanigans", but this is rare and reserved for only the most appropriate of times.

As a final note, poles online are immune to any criticism, and will almost unfailingly be referred to at some point in the gaming experience as a "plucky little pole", or to be "doing the lord's work." In the event that he somehow is racist or slave race, it will be supposed that he is in fact a jewish plant.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'