And we're back!

Main Menu

BBC: Second Spanish Civil War Is Possible

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 05:28:28 AM
Yeah, Spanish are Latin, not white.
White (Caucasian) is by far the larger category of the two, and contains the former as a subset.

Nordics, Germanic, Slavs, Latins, and many West Asian and some north African ethnicities fall under the category.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 06:58:35 AM
White (Caucasian) is by far the larger category of the two, and contains the former as a subset.

Nordics, Germanic, Slavs, Latins, and many West Asian and some north African ethnicities fall under the category.
White and caucasian are not the same thing. White is a sub-category of caucasian.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 03, 2012, 11:40:53 PM
Unity through disunity.
The more the old nations are split the more federalised the small new nations can become.

Or the more weak and ineffectual as you'll suddenly have more and more voices that demand to be heard.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 07:16:42 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 06:58:35 AM

White and caucasian are not the same thing. White is a sub-category of caucasian.

Not really sure it makes sense to give your own nitpick about frivolous concepts like race.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2012, 12:16:33 AM
You have constantly asserted that small countries are bound to fail.

No but the international system is maintained by large countries.  The smaller ones just ride the coattails of the system (or be taken down by the system).  The European countries breaking apart is going to make the Euro-zone, and the world economy, more unstable.

A system comprised of small countries is bound to fail.  But a small country can do great so long as there are other countries around to do the heavy lifting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 07:39:25 AM

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

It's Josq, sometimes all you can do is shrug and move on.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

QuoteYou have got to be fucking kidding me.
Nope. That's the way things are.
That's not to say being non-white means they're lesser people or anything, race has been proven to be rather unscientific to say the least, but Spanish people generally aren't regarded as white.

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 07:25:47 AM
Not really sure it makes sense to give your own nitpick about frivolous concepts like race.
Yeah, its frivolous and unimportant. But that's languish and that's the road things went down.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 08:27:17 AM
[Nope. That's the way things are.
Spanish people generally aren't regarded as white.

When you say "generally", you mean in a small mining town in the north-east of England rather than in the normal world where FFS obviously the Spanish are white?

Barrister

Spaniards, Italians and Greeks are very clearly not white, and "latin" is as good a term as any. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

This needs a poll.  But I'd say Spaniards, Italians, and maybe even Greeks would qualify as white, for whatever that's worth.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I'd marry a dago or wop before I'd pollute myself with a Geordie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 07:25:47 AM
We're talking about people who use terms like "white" to refer to "race" here...

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2012, 10:01:41 AM
This needs a poll.  But I'd say Spaniards, Italians, and maybe even Greeks would qualify as white, for whatever that's worth.
Have any scientific measurements been performed to answer this question definitively?

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2012, 10:10:09 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2012, 10:01:41 AM
Have any scientific measurements been performed to answer this question definitively?

There you go with the stalking & whatnot. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall