News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 5: Elway hurts Ohio. Again.

Started by CountDeMoney, October 03, 2012, 09:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

You could expect that from a guard or center but pretty surprising from a tackle.

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on October 07, 2012, 03:47:11 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2012, 03:36:01 PM
Great game by Captain Neck Beard to beat the Pack.

The channel froze on me on right before the Colts touchdown.  It's still frozen.  I had to check the net to see what happened.

And it's still frozen two hours later.  I live in a world where the outcome of the Green bay and Indianapolis game is still in doubt.  Goddamn Fox. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Miami DC Kevin Coyle pretty much beat the Bengals singlehandedly today.  They were always a step ahead of the Bengals offense.

Anyway, snapped this pic during the national anthem.  You can see the height difference between the #1 and #2 Bengals receivers in the middle.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Waiting for Seedy's conniption fit over Faith Hill disrespecting Johnny U.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on October 07, 2012, 07:22:45 PM
Waiting for Seedy's conniption fit over Faith Hill disrespecting Johnny U.

Things have already been put into motion.   :ph34r:

FunkMonk

:lol: I got 85 points from three players. :lol:

* Alex Smith, Reggie Wayne, and Welker.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Better a class act like Brees than a scumbag like Brady.

Johnny U's record was doomed.  The NFL is now a passing league, and so a record like that is bound to go down after a while.  Even if the record falls, you can't take away the fact that Unitas' achievement is more impressive.  Imagine throwing all those touchdowns in an era where the best defence against a receiver is to twist his head off before he catches the ball.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

katmai

I'm going to lose to MBM and his half a fucking inactive team.
Thanks a lot Gronk and "fumbles"McGhee

derspiess

This is by far the worst LFFL team I've ever had.  Aside from the first week I haven't been competitive at all.

Oh, also-- I saw Chad Johnson outside the Bengals locker room after the game today.  No clue what he was doing there.  Someone who talked to him said he was "just visiting".
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2012, 08:21:25 PM

Johnny U's record was doomed.  The NFL is now a passing league, and so a record like that is bound to go down after a while.  Even if the record falls, you can't take away the fact that Unitas' achievement is more impressive.  Imagine throwing all those touchdowns in an era where the best defence against a receiver is to twist his head off before he catches the ball.

Goddamn shame, though.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2012, 10:07:24 PM

Goddamn shame, though.
Yeah, but what can you do?  The only record in sports that is unassailable is Gretzky's 50 in 39.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2012, 10:38:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2012, 10:07:24 PM

Goddamn shame, though.
Yeah, but what can you do?  The only record in sports that is unassailable is Gretzky's 50 in 39.

I don't know enough about hockey to comment on that, but DiMaggios 56 straight games with a hit is an American record that will never be broken.

ulmont

WHO DAT!*

(about fucking time)

*everybody but the Chargers.

katmai

Leave it o the Chargers to be inept enough to let a joke of a team win a game.