The Great Debate Megathread! Black Lincoln versus whiter, richer Douglas!

Started by Sheilbh, October 02, 2012, 10:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Kleves

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 03, 2012, 04:03:56 PM
What about Sarah? (Palin)
Speaking of Palin, did you know that ~14m more people watched the 2008 Vice Presidential debate than watched the first 2008 Presidential debate? That's pretty sad.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 03, 2012, 03:56:57 PM
Based on Maggie, Golda and Indira I kind of admire and fear successful female politicians.

He didn't say anything about successful reality tv stars.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Kleves on October 03, 2012, 04:30:53 PM
Speaking of Palin, did you know that ~14m more people watched the 2008 Vice Presidential debate than watched the first 2008 Presidential debate? That's pretty sad.

People choosing their TV viewing based on perceived entertainment value ?

Anyway, when does the debate start, in GMT+1 please.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Yeah, listening to McCain and Obama debate would probably put people to sleep. Though I wouldn't be surprised if McCain fell asleep himself.

Admiral Yi

Just heard on CNN that Romney has proposed a $17K cap on deductions.

The problem with diversity is that is too often a code word for minority/female set-asides.  I.e. quotas.

crazy canuck

What are the odds for Mittens saying something like "you people" to solidify Garbon's vote.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2012, 05:27:55 PM
Just heard on CNN that Romney has proposed a $17K cap on deductions.

Works great for Mittens.  Only penalizes those poor smucks who make their money earning wages.  Doesnt touch those who can get paid through dividends, share options etc.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 03, 2012, 05:28:20 PM
What are the odds for Mittens saying something like "you people" to solidify Garbon's vote.

:huh:

I'm not sure I follow.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 03, 2012, 05:30:07 PM
Works great for Mittens.  Only penalizes those poor smucks who make their money earning wages.  Doesnt touch those who can get paid through dividends, share options etc.

I think a person who has nothing but unearned income is still allowed to claim deductions.  :hmm:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2012, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 03, 2012, 05:30:07 PM

I think a person who has nothing but unearned income is still allowed to claim deductions.  :hmm:

You are missing the big point which is that a cap on deductions affects those who earn taxable incoming through wages more then people who earn income through more tax advantageous means.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 03, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
You are missing the big point which is that a cap on deductions affects those who earn taxable incoming through wages more then people who earn income through more tax advantageous means.

I'm not missing the point.  I'm thinking it's wrong.

Eddie Teach

A cap on deductions affects those who have been able to deduct high amounts more than people who haven't. :smarty: