News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Western Europe declining?

Started by Martinus, October 01, 2012, 04:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 11:42:01 AM
Why would you go to a Macdonald's in Paris?  Or anywhere for that matter?
:yes: They don't even have Triple Stackers.

Eddie Teach

McGriddles. :mmm:  Also, their burgers are edible if it's late night/early morning and nobody else is open.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 01, 2012, 01:27:37 PM
I'm not in Georgia the state.

I gathered that, which is why I worded the question they way I did.  Otherwise I simply would have called an idiot for going to Macdonald's to get free internet access.

Also, I recognize the irony that by asking you these questions I am increasing the likelihood you will have to buy a big mac in order to respond.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 02:46:42 PM
Also, I recognize the irony that by asking you these questions I am increasing the likelihood you will have to buy a big mac in order to respond.

McDonald's has a lot of items on their menu. Probably possible to use their wireless without purchasing a food item.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2012, 02:54:18 PM

McDonald's has a lot of items on their menu. Probably possible to use their wireless without purchasing a food item.

I will take your word for it.

Valmy

Maybe you need a quick meal and they are close by?  I am not a big fan of Fast Food Hamburger joints, and the one I do go to I never get a burger, but McDonalds is hardly the worst thing in history.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

If I'm overseas I try to locate the nearest subway and then eat there almost every day. It is healthyish, quick, and cheap.

I'll mix in a trip to McDonalds too. McDonalds is great if you are driving and need internet access. Sure you can theoretically find a coffee shop somewhere, but if you are in the middle of some country you don't speak the language, it can be much harder to find than a McDonalds (and McDonalds is usually locatable through GPS--random coffee shops not so much). It also has edible American food.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

I'm something of a fan of McD's for breakfast - an egg mcmuffin or breakfast burrito is pretty healthy compared to anywhere else comparable.

Once 10:30 rolls around, forget it though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 03:04:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2012, 02:54:18 PM

I will take your word for it.

You're going to stop talking disdainfully about things that you know nothing about? How refreshing!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2012, 03:23:05 PM
I'm something of a fan of McD's for breakfast - an egg mcmuffin or breakfast burrito is pretty healthy compared to anywhere else comparable.

Once 10:30 rolls around, forget it though.

I had an egg mcmuffin this morning.  One of two McDonalds menu items I really like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Warspite

Not sure I recognise the UK described in the opening post. The gentrification of London, for example, has been absolutely relentless. You can't throw a stone without hitting some sort of hybrid artisanal push-chair/organic wall paint store.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2012, 03:08:34 PM

Maybe you need a quick meal and they are close by?  I am not a big fan of Fast Food Hamburger joints, and the one I do go to I never get a burger, but McDonalds is hardly the worst thing in history.

lots of ways to get quick meals in Paris.   Cafes line the streets.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 03:12:29 PM

If I'm overseas I try to locate the nearest subway and then eat there almost every day. It is healthyish, quick, and cheap.

I'll mix in a trip to McDonalds too. McDonalds is great if you are driving and need internet access. Sure you can theoretically find a coffee shop somewhere, but if you are in the middle of some country you don't speak the language, it can be much harder to find than a McDonalds (and McDonalds is usually locatable through GPS--random coffee shops not so much). It also has edible American food.

You suck

If you rank Mcdonalds as edible American food I would hate to see what you yanks consider less than McDonalds.

crazy canuck

No wonder I have trouble relating to most of you.  Just look at what you consider appropriate food to eat.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 04:14:34 PM
lots of ways to get quick meals in Paris.   Cafes line the streets.

Ok but what if they were close by and you did not have an irrational need to eat at someplace other than McDonalds like you do?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."