News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is Western Europe declining?

Started by Martinus, October 01, 2012, 04:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 04:15:03 PM
If you rank Mcdonalds as edible American food I would hate to see what you yanks consider less than McDonalds.

What the hell is wrong with McDonalds?  It is a middle of the road fast food joint.  I make myself sandwiches alot and generally they do a better job then me sticking ham and cheese between two pieces of bread with a little butter.  But you...what?  Have your personal chef or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2012, 04:22:08 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 04:14:34 PM
lots of ways to get quick meals in Paris.   Cafes line the streets.

Ok but what if they were close by and you did not have an irrational need to eat at someplace other than McDonalds like you do?

Again, why would you even consider eating shit when you can have something decent.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2012, 04:24:30 PM
If you rank Mcdonalds as edible American food I would hate to see what you yanks consider less than McDonalds.

What the hell is wrong with McDonalds?

We are worlds apart.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 04:26:00 PM
We are worlds apart.

I cannot even remember the last time I ate at McDonalds, I am sure it was years ago, but it is just a freaking piece of meat on a bun or a salad or a cup of coffee or something.  I mean how much gourmet expertise do you need for that stuff?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

You suck

Sometimes I have problems keeping weight on when traveling for extended periods. It isn't that I don't like the fare in other countries, but I really struggle when I eat it every day in restaurants/hotels and breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I rarely eat at Subway in the US, and almost never McDonalds, but food like that is what I grew up with and it is a reliable meal that keeps me from dropping pounds.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 04:26:00 PM
We are worlds apart.

I cannot even remember the last time I ate at McDonalds, I am sure it was years ago, but it is just a freaking piece of meat on a bun or a salad or a cup of coffee or something.  I mean how much gourmet expertise do you need for that stuff?

meat?

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 04:32:41 PM
Sometimes I have problems keeping weight on when traveling for extended periods. It isn't that I don't like the fare in other countries, but I really struggle when I eat it every day in restaurants/hotels and breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I rarely eat at Subway in the US, and almost never McDonalds, but food like that is what I grew up with and it is a reliable meal that keeps me from dropping pounds.

I think you are trolling now

Ed Anger

The fries at Metro Cadet Mickey d's are delicious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 01, 2012, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 05:19:03 PM
meat?

Dead animal parts. I think you're familiar with the concept.  :hmm:

Yeah, I understand the bit about dead animal parts - we normally refer to that as offal not meat.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 05:38:33 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 01, 2012, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 05:19:03 PM
meat?

Dead animal parts. I think you're familiar with the concept.  :hmm:

Yeah, I understand the bit about dead animal parts - we normally refer to that as offal not meat.

I guess I was premature with my how refreshing comment. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 01, 2012, 05:21:07 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 04:32:41 PM

I think you are trolling now

Because I have trouble quickly adjusting to an all foreign diet?  :D

There is a guy I know who was doing an assignment in India. He got an incredible craving for Taco Bell. He was trying to find the nearest Taco Bell with the plan to fly there over the weekend, but the Taco Bell website didn't list international locations. He emailed the company to get more information and to complain their website was incomplete. I don't remember if he made it to the Taco Bell, but I do understand where he was coming from. 
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

First world problem in a third world country :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Iormlund

Valmy frenchness is suspect in light of this thread.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on October 02, 2012, 11:15:29 AM
Valmy frenchness is suspect in light of this thread.

Meh the French ate at McDonalds in vast numbers when I was there.  I never eat at McDonalds and certainly never ate any fast food when I was in France.