NFL Week 4: New England, Pittsburgh & NFL Properties get their referees back

Started by CountDeMoney, September 27, 2012, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2012, 08:49:07 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 30, 2012, 08:42:09 PM
It's like that here with the Cowboys and now the Texans since they've gotten reasonably good (and enough people were getting pissed about their games not being on locally).   If either one of those are playing, that's the game that is on.

I get Seahawks games as my "local" team :yawn:

As it should be.  :mad:

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2012, 09:15:41 PM
It's like that here with the Cowboys and now the Texans since they've gotten reasonably good (and enough people were getting pissed about their games not being on locally).   If either one of those are playing, that's the game that is on.
Hey now, there's no need for that.

Sure, it's good to be loyal to your team, no matter how bad they are.  But is it really right to wish your team's incompetence on innocent people, or even katmai?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2012, 08:28:24 PM
What always made that shit worse was missing the the late season match-ups that were affecting the playoffs.
San Francisco at Green Bay in week 14, with home field advantage on the line? STAY TUNED FOR AN NFC EAST MATCHUP AS 3-10 ARIZONA VISITS THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!! :bleeding:

Yeah well I always got the 6-9 Texans game as my AFC game.  Someday we will all have NFL ticket.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2012, 09:28:35 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2012, 09:15:41 PM
Hey now, there's no need for that.

Sure, it's good to be loyal to your team, no matter how bad they are.  But is it really right to wish your team's incompetence on innocent people, or even katmai?

It's a better "local" team than the BC Lions.  :P

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2012, 09:35:24 PM
Hey now.  I have nothing but contempt for the BC Lions.  My wife often says that everything in the CFL is either a penalty or a rouge, and she doesn't care to find out which is which.  That said, at least the Lions have a title.

Hey, didn't the Seahawks go to a title game that they then proceeded to lose in a legitimately officiated contest? :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2012, 09:33:06 PM
Yeah well I always got the 6-9 Texans game as my AFC game.  Someday we will all have NFL ticket.

One day the league will come to its senses, and knock it off with that satellite monopoly and offer it to all carriers.  I don't know why they ignore the countless dollars in potential revenue that way.
Hell, even PPV options would rake in God knows how many millions a season, even if it meant pissing off the networks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2012, 09:42:23 PM
Hey, didn't the Seahawks go to a title game that they then proceeded to lose in a legitimately officiated contest? :P

In the way "legitimately" is defined by Congressman Akin, yes.  :D

Tonitrus

Hey now.  I have nothing but contempt for the BC Lions.  My wife often says that everything in the CFL is either a penalty or a rouge, and she doesn't care to find out which is which.  That said, at least the Lions have a title.

Hmm, I'd put the Grey Cup on about the same level as a Conference championship.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2012, 09:45:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 30, 2012, 09:33:06 PM
One day the league will come to its senses, and knock it off with that satellite monopoly and offer it to all carriers.  I don't know why they ignore the countless dollars in potential revenue that way.
Hell, even PPV options would rake in God knows how many millions a season, even if it meant pissing off the networks.
They NFL was forbidden to offer it exclusively to anyone in Canada.  If only you guys had a government that wasn't so corrupt, you could have some regulations too.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 30, 2012, 09:50:27 PM

Hmm, I'd put the Grey Cup on about the same level as a Conference championship.
Not quite.  After all, a Grey Cup means you're the best at something.  A Conference championship means you're second-best.

CountDeMoney

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on September 30, 2012, 04:45:38 PM
Crossing fingers can hold off BA the bore, but looking shaky.
My team is built to fail it seems.  Ugh.  I'm thinking no defense is better than Oakland's.  Good to see the awfulness of the "real" refs is back in full force.  SO much awful.  Ugh. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2012, 09:35:56 PM
Yeah, life was sad before Sunday Ticket.

It's really weird now with CTV doing the coverages seemlingly at Random for the early games. For the late games, Sportsnet just picks 2 & rolls with it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 30, 2012, 03:10:49 PM
Bellicheat is a classless fuck.

What did he do?

And yeah the packers nearly got boned again.  Damn refs.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain