NFL Week 4: New England, Pittsburgh & NFL Properties get their referees back

Started by CountDeMoney, September 27, 2012, 06:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 01, 2012, 08:12:46 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 30, 2012, 03:10:49 PM
Bellicheat is a classless fuck.
What did he do?

Taught the Bills a lesson in getting all uppity and daring to lead the Patriots at halftime, dropping 31 points on them in the 4th quarter, still throwing for the end zone with 4 minutes left and kicking field goals with a minute left.

Neil

At least he won't have to talk to the Boston media about whether the Patriots are imploding.

"Yeah, we're in the worst division in football.  There's not a single team here that I would pick to win against an Arena League all-star team.  We have the easiest schedule in the league.  At this point, we're just coasting.  The real season for us starts in January."
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I noticed a commercial on nfl network a show about the '95 Browns season. I assume it'll paint bellifuck in glowing terms.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2012, 08:46:31 AM
I noticed a commercial on nfl network a show about the '95 Browns season. I assume it'll paint bellifuck in glowing terms.

Of course.  It's going to be the football equivalent of the '94 Expos ZOMG WHUD COULD'VE BEEN
Never mind the fact that Belichick had alienated most of the fans and the team, and showed how brilliant he was in trying to make Vinny Testaverde a franchise quarterback and begging Art for Andre Rison.

Looking forward to the revisionist history.  I wonder if Tony Grossi, Bill Livingston and that cunt Mary Kay Cabot will be in it.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 01, 2012, 08:23:35 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 01, 2012, 08:12:46 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 30, 2012, 03:10:49 PM
Bellicheat is a classless fuck.
What did he do?

Taught the Bills a lesson in getting all uppity and daring to lead the Patriots at halftime, dropping 31 points on them in the 4th quarter, still throwing for the end zone with 4 minutes left and kicking field goals with a minute left.

Yeah.  I can almost look the other way on the last TD.  They ran on 1st & 2nd downs.  Then on third down you want to call a pass play to retain possession.  I'm not going to tell Brady only to throw to the short routes if he sees an opportunity in the endzone.

But kicking the FG inside of 2 minutes when you're already up by 21 and the other team has no timeouts left.  You definitely don't do that.

It sometimes bugs me a little that Marvin Lewis is a bit too deferential if the Bengals have a big lead late in the game, but then again I'd be embarrassed if my coach insisted on running up the score like Bellicheck likes to do*.

*except maybe if it's in the midst of a fun old-school rivalry between coaches: http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/18/sports/bengals-rub-oilers-noses-in-turf-61-7.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 01, 2012, 11:49:03 AM
*except maybe if it's in the midst of a fun old-school rivalry between coaches: http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/18/sports/bengals-rub-oilers-noses-in-turf-61-7.html

:lol: I was in Cleveland at the Vikings game that same day;  even though Sam Wyche made his "You don't live in Cleveland" zinger the week before, watching the scoreboard roll like an odometer on the Oilers had the stadium rocking every time it flashed.  Fucking Glanville.

Probably the coldest I'd ever been.  1 degree at kickoff--and then the sun promptly went down over the stadium.  Fuck, was that a cold fucking day.

Valmy

Man I miss Sam Wyche and Boomer and those guys.  In so many ways the real NFL will always be how things were in 1990 but I think that is true for alot of people.  Somehow how things were when you were 13 seem eternal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/10/01/indianpolis-colts-chuck-pagano-facing-cancer/1605495/

Colts coach Chuck Pagano battling leukemia

- Indianapolis Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano will undergo four to six months of treatment, including chemotherapy, to treat acute promyelocytic leukemia, the team announced in a press conference Monday morning.

While Pagano is anxious to return, Colts owner Jim Irsay conceded the battle with this disease will be a marathon and the coach isn't expected to return in a regular full-time capacity this season.

"It is unlikely he will be all in as a head coach this season," Irsay said.

The outlook from Larry Cripe of Indiana University Health Simon Cancer Center is promising. APL or APML is considered one of the more curable forms of the disease with a high percentage for remission.

"I am optimistic," Irsay said. "I feel with every fiber in my body, and I know Chuck feels the same way, that he can beat this thing."

Added general manager Ryan Grigson, in repeating words uttered by Irsay, "Chuck is a fighter."

Pagano, who turns 52 on Tuesday, met with Cripe on Wednesday and was admitted to the hospital Wednesday night.

The goal is to cure the disease, but Cripe added, "The process is long and complicated and we're just starting right now."

According to an Indiana University Health release, most adults with this disease achieve remission. A small percentage of about 1,300 adults diagnosed each year die from complications and a few do not respond to initial therapy, the news release reported.

If Pagano achieves remission, he could continue receiving therapy for as much as two years, according to a Indiana University Health.

As requested by Pagano, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has been named interim coach.

"Today is about Chuckie," an emotional Arians said.

Irsay met with the team and gave them the news this morning.

The Colts host Green Bay at 1 p.m. ET Sunday. Irsay said he couldn't think of anything better than to take a game ball from a Packers win to Pagano in the hospital.

"He's upbeat and he's ready for the fight," Irsay said. "He's tough as nails. He's in great spirits."

:(
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Damn.  Guy finally gets to be a head coach, and then gets the cancer.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2012, 12:11:29 PM
Somehow how things were when you were 13 seem eternal.

Yes, in the way Mayflower vans in the night when you were 13 seem eternal.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 01, 2012, 12:31:57 PM
Damn.  Guy finally gets to be a head coach, and then gets the cancer.

He's a tough old wop.  He'll be back on the sidelines by Thanksgiving.

Ed Anger

Quote''I just don't like Jerry Glanville,'' Sam Wyche, the Bengals' coach, said of the Oilers' coach. Wyche chased Glanville for a word or two after this demolition. Glanville kept running for his team's exit, so Wyche simply stood and waved, and waved, and waved.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 01, 2012, 12:11:29 PM

Man I miss Sam Wyche and Boomer and those guys.  In so many ways the real NFL will always be how things were in 1990 but I think that is true for alot of people.  Somehow how things were when you were 13 seem eternal.

My only regret is that I didn't watch even more football back then.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

The AFC Central in the mid- to late-80s was where it was at, man.  Boomer, Bubby, Bernie and Warren.  Sounds like a doo-wop group.

Kleves

You know, the Seahawks are one of the best teams in football in a lot of categories - run offense, defense, special teams - but are last in passing offense. It's time for the Russell Wilson experiment to be over for this year.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.