And we're back!

Main Menu

Canada to share embassies with Great Britain

Started by viper37, September 25, 2012, 12:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 29, 2012, 12:24:30 AM
This is an amazingly ignorant quote. There's not many ex-colonies out there where the masses regard Britain badly because of the empire. Britain tends to have pretty good relations with most commonwealth countries.

Yeah I was like...um the Bahamas and Jamaica and company actually have great relations with Britain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

And almost all of the money they take in via taxes goes to organized crime.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Neil on September 28, 2012, 03:02:52 PM
If Quebec secedes, I rather doubt they'll be buying much of anything.

They might wind up like the Newfies. Go broke and have Canada buy them back.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2012, 12:44:45 PM
Actually, Ontario is the most corrupt province in Canada, according to the RCMP.  Strangely enough, no Canadian media is reporting this on their frontpage... must be a minor oversight.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on September 29, 2012, 06:45:52 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2012, 12:44:45 PM
Actually, Ontario is the most corrupt province in Canada, according to the RCMP.  Strangely enough, no Canadian media is reporting this on their frontpage... must be a minor oversight.
our politicians, our construction industry, our financial industry? be more precise :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2012, 12:31:26 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 29, 2012, 12:28:19 PM
50% for now, 75% soon.

Holy crap.
50% of it is taxable, soon, 75% of it will be taxable.
Tax rates:
http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/impots/rens_comp/taux.aspx
Two new tax levels will be added, possibly retroactively to January 1st: 28% for 130 000$ - 250 000$ and then 32% for all above.

+ the Federal part:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/fq/txrts-eng.html

GST+PST = 14,975%, 15% by 2014, but we expect the PQ to raise the taxes one more point to compensante for their spending spree and the destruction of our economy.

+ various wage taxes we have to pay: unemployment insurance, public pension funds (RRQ for Quebec), parental leave insurance, health tax (employer only), work accident insurance (employer only) and non unionized workers tax (employer only).

viper37

HVC

Quebec also does their provincial tax weird. They tax it on top of the GST (federal tax). so Most civilized province taxed (PST+GST) X Cost, but Quebec does it ((GSTXCost)+cost) X PST.

Trying every little trick to get more cash :lol:

HVC

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on September 29, 2012, 07:04:31 PM
Quebec also does their provincial tax weird. They tax it on top of the GST (federal tax). so Most civilized province taxed (PST+GST) X Cost, but Quebec does it ((GSTXCost)+cost) X PST.

Trying every little trick to get more cash :lol:

It's getting Harmonized in the near future too, the deal is done, HST will be around 19.5%.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.