Ban One Music Genre, Go On You Know You Want To.

Started by mongers, September 20, 2012, 07:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Iormlund

Reggaeton. There should be a special kind of hell designed for those who listen to it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Iormlund on September 22, 2012, 05:53:17 AM
Reggaeton. There should be a special kind of hell designed for those who listen to it.

One where the only radio stations play growl metal and dubstep, perhaps?

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2012, 11:29:31 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 21, 2012, 03:16:44 PM
Hip hop.

Racist! After all hip hop is really just the name for pop songs sung by black people these days.

They had something going with the blues, but it's been downhill for them ever since.

--I'm glad I'm too old to even know what dubstep means.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 21, 2012, 07:40:02 PM
Some degree of alteration helps. What matters is being in Bristol a few years back dancing in front of an enormous speaker, it's awesome. I agree it doesn't belong on car adverts.
I think there's a big difference between occasionally Trip Hop-y British Dubstep acts and American acts like Skrillex.  Skrillex is basically Limp Bizkit for the 2010s.  I actually like a lot of the British Dubstep I've heard (especially Burial), though much of this was largely through watching Misfits. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2012, 07:38:40 PM

But good grief, Black Metal, Death Metal,Thrash Metal or whatever it calls itself, that stuff is pure crap; same guitar sounds, drumming, guy screaming. A 5 seconds listen tells you exactly what the whole track is like.

megadeth, metallica, slayer, and anthrax...really you should be flogged for that
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Oh okay. I've not heard Skrillex but love Burial. So yeah the UK scene is maybe different.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Ban Dub Step.  Me to my sons using my best old man voice "You call that Music!!!????!!!"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 25, 2012, 07:43:35 PM
Oh okay. I've not heard Skrillex but love Burial. So yeah the UK scene is maybe different.

Heh, I didnt even read the thread before posting.  According to my sons Skrillex is THE thing - or at least was last year.  Be thankful you havent actually heard it.

Queequeg

Guys I lived next to last year were huge in to Dubstep.  Parties.  Every weekend.  9 goddamn months.  Totally intolerable. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."