Ban One Music Genre, Go On You Know You Want To.

Started by mongers, September 20, 2012, 07:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jaron on September 20, 2012, 10:43:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
Also, I'd like to have that 'Gotye' guy thrown into the sun. Or however its spelled.

"sun" is correct.
Literally laughed out loud in front of my students. :lmfao:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 20, 2012, 11:35:07 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 20, 2012, 10:43:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
Also, I'd like to have that 'Gotye' guy thrown into the sun. Or however its spelled.

"sun" is correct.
Literally laughed out loud in front of my students. :lmfao:

I'm alone but I did bust out laughing too.

The Brain

Rap.

Growl metal is horrible but unlike rap it is easily avoidable and doesn't sneak its way onto otherwise decent tracks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2012, 12:07:46 AM
Rap.

Growl metal is horrible but unlike rap it is easily avoidable and doesn't sneak its way onto otherwise decent tracks.

I thought you wee an eminem fan.  Is he not rap, or are you just willing to sacrifice him to get rid of the rest of the crap?

The Brain

Quote from: sbr on September 21, 2012, 12:09:21 AM
Rap.

I thought you wee an eminem fan.  Is he not rap, or are you just willing to sacrifice him to get rid of the rest of the crap?

You are correct; I am ready to sacrifice him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I dont know...what is the horrible generic modern pop stuff they play in clubs?
Not pop as a whole, that would be mad and involve killing off a lot of good music, but...that stuff.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Tyr on September 21, 2012, 12:14:19 AM
I dont know...what is the horrible generic modern pop stuff they play in clubs?
Not pop as a whole, that would be mad and involve killing off a lot of good music, but...that stuff.

Dance music?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

sbr

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2012, 12:13:05 AM
Quote from: sbr on September 21, 2012, 12:09:21 AM
Rap.

You are correct; I am ready to sacrifice him.

Well I suppose the good of the many outweigh the good of the few, or the one, but I'm not sure I can agree.  While most modern rap is terrible there is enough good stuff still out there that I couldn't do it.

For me it would have to be modern "country" music.

Eddie Teach

Country is great, rap is great, even some metal is great. I would prefer to wield the banhammer on a case by case basis.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 21, 2012, 12:41:55 AM
Country is great, rap is great, even some metal is great. I would prefer to wield the banhammer on a case by case basis.

By "case by case basis" do you mean artist by artist, or song by song?  :)