Romney: 47% of Americans are losers, don't care about 'em

Started by Queequeg, September 17, 2012, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2012, 07:03:10 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2012, 07:00:52 PM
How is this worse than McCain '08?  Nothing Romney has done or could do was an error on the order of Palin.

McCain didn't falter until his running mate choice.  Until that point he had been running a competent, albeit unspectacular, campaign.
False. McCain campaign was disaster from the start when he nearly went bankrupt in the summer of 2007 until New Hampshire saved him on the cheap. He then clinched the nomination summer 2008 by driving around in a golf cart with George W Bush, exclaiming that the "fundamentals of the economy are strong" while gas prices skyrocketed and the economy cratered into recession.

McCain hail mary'd for Palin because his campaign was shit, and she almost turned it around for a really short while.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on September 17, 2012, 08:08:46 PM
Who the fuck hijacked this thread to discuss Obama's religion anyway?  :mad:
too many republicans here. and Viking.

QuoteThis thread is about Mitt's thought processes.
"dum di dum dum dum, magic underpants, dum di dum dum dum
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2012, 08:07:40 PM
Sometimes people go to church because it's a goddamned community thing, it's usually the largest collective activity in the community particularly in the urban environment, and they have some wicked fried chicken dinners afterwards.  Fuck.
Dude, I know this.  When I lived in Boston I used to go to a Unitarian church for precisely those reasons.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2012, 08:10:21 PM
Sometimes people go to church because it's a goddamned community thing, it's usually the largest collective activity in the community particularly in the urban environment, and they have some wicked fried chicken dinners afterwards.  Fuck.
Dude, I know this.  When I lived in Boston I used to go to a Unitarian church for precisely those reasons.

Which hardly should be called church.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Unitarians :rolleyes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

So can we all agree that Obama went for the baddass mac n' cheese, then?  And leave it at that?

Why the fuck we're talking about Obama's leisurely church habits when you've got a fucking bishop in the Mormon Church running on the GOP ticket complete with secret handshakes, padding around in fucking Downy-soft white Snuggies and slippers, baptizing dead Jews, I mean, c'mon already.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on September 17, 2012, 08:12:21 PM
The UUA is great.  You take the good parts of church (aforementioned chicken dinners, free donuts, the occasional hot MILF) and leave out the bad parts (having to believe in stuff, angry old people).

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2012, 08:14:35 PM
Why the fuck we're talking about Obama's leisurely church habits when you've got a fucking bishop in the Mormon Church running on the GOP ticket complete with secret handshakes, padding around in fucking Downy-soft white Snuggies and slippers, baptizing dead Jews, I mean, c'mon already.
Oh, I don't think Romney believes in any of that shit either. :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2012, 08:15:59 PM
The UUA is great.  You take the good parts of church (aforementioned chicken dinners, free donuts, the occasional hot MILF) and leave out the bad parts (having to believe in stuff, angry old people).

Young baptist chicks are hotter.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2012, 08:18:00 PM

catholic chicks beat all. sweet, sweet guilt. Although they've stopped going to church.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2012, 08:18:00 PM

And with daddies who are more likely to be wielding shotguns.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on September 17, 2012, 08:18:55 PM
catholic chicks beat all. sweet, sweet guilt.

With Daddy complexes and a natural affinity for authority figures?  Oh fuck yeah. 
And the plaid skirts don't hurt, either.

Ed Anger

Too much kneeling in the papist church. My knees are blown out.

Strix

Mitts has been done for quite awhile now. It will be interesting to see how far the melt down gets before the GOP tries to shut him up!

The Republicans are toast, this was their last chance to get back the White House and they missed it. Obama will reign supreme followed quickly by Prince Andrew for his 8 years.  :showoff:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2012, 08:23:03 PM
Too much kneeling in the papist church. My knees are blown out.
i went to a wedding saturday. up and down, up and down. like fucking calesthitics.

also, avoid portuguese weddings. i was there from 11 am to 2 am.