Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Phillip V

Quote from: mongers on September 16, 2012, 02:34:32 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on September 16, 2012, 02:29:31 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2012, 02:07:23 PM
Tim,

Please do not do this. Your life would be in great danger.

Remember: No one goes into teaching to make money. You will always either be poor, or at least moderately comfortable. You will never have nice things as a teacher. Your reward is not meant to be material, but spiritual. If the carrot being dangled in front of you appears too sweet, it probably is.
Barack Obama was a teacher and is now quite wealthy and powerful.

Tim should write a best selling book detailing his troubles with other posters and another tome about his alt-hist vision for the future.
Precisely. Romney's lack of similar books is why he is trailing.

We need: "The Audacity of Joseph Smith" and "Dreams from George Romney"

The Brain

Tim used to be a used encyclopedia salesman in the Deep South. I think he can take care of himself.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Camerus

Quote from: The Brain on September 16, 2012, 02:40:38 PM
Tim used to be a used encyclopedia salesman in the Deep South. I think he can take care of himself.

:lol:

jimmy olsen

They were brand new!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 06:29:42 PM

And they were beautiful.

alfred russel

Would you want to live in Russia (outside of Moscow and Saint Petersburg)? There aren't going to be many english speakers around and it isn't a first world country. It may not be safe. You aren't going to be in a school with coworkers you can connect with.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

I wonder how Timmay's family would pay for the ransom after he's snatched.  In nickels? Scratch offs?  Arby's double coupons?

Tonitrus

If I got out of the military, I'd consider something like this...and I could likely get by on the street, language-wise.

But I'd still choose Japan all day long.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2012, 06:36:06 PM
I wonder how Timmay's family would pay for the ransom after he's snatched.  In nickels? Scratch offs?  Arby's double coupons?

2009 Entertainment book with half the fast food coupons used.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Either way, you were lucky to escape with your life.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 16, 2012, 06:52:03 PM
Either way, you were lucky to escape with your life.
A crazy vietnam vet did hold me at knife point once.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2012, 01:29:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 06:46:14 AM
It's not confined to Moscow, and even if it was isn't Russian GDP per capita is like $13k. I'd be rolling in money.

No you won't. It's not a median. The standard of living is significantly below what you would be used to in rural America. In order to get the standard of living comparable to a middle class person in a Western city, you would be paying through your nose.
If was pulling in $48-72k in Russia I would certainly have a higher standard of living then I do now in S. Korea.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: Phillip V on September 16, 2012, 09:31:10 AM

Why do the daughters need a male teacher?
mommy doesnt trust daddy after the last one?

But yes, certainly seems suspect. Anything involving Russians is suspect as is anything offering way over market level wages.
██████
██████
██████