And we're back!

Main Menu

Colgan Air Flight 3407 crash update

Started by Caliga, May 13, 2009, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

:unsure:

uh....

WE BUILT THIS CITY, WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLLL....

:huh:

garbon

I feel a-tragic like I'm Marlon Brando

Caliga

errr....

SHE'S SO MEAN, BUT I DON'T CARE
I LOVE HER EYES AND HER WILD, WILD HAIR....

I like peeing on my own thread. :yeah:

garbon

You're my obsession
Who do you want me to be
To make you sleep with me

I try not to pee in public.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on May 13, 2009, 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 01:25:11 PM
This is going to become a case study in pilot training.
And damages lawsuits. :P

Case study they won't teach in B school: if you are going to poorly train commercial airline pilots and pay them so little they have to work part time at Starbucks, stay thinly capitalized.  :blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Question for the lawyers: the victims families seem to have a favorable case against Colgan, but it seems possible they will be bankrupt soon. What are the implications for a lawsuit? Settle quickly before the assets are gone, go after third parties, proceed with the normal course of litigation in order to collect from the bankruptcy assets?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2009, 11:19:54 AM
Hey, Cal, you can be my wingman, anyday! :)

Bullshit, you can be mine.

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

Ed Anger

Cal would flame out over the titty gulf, and would need to be hoisted out by a Sea King.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Quote from: alfred russel on May 14, 2009, 03:44:32 PM
Question for the lawyers: the victims families seem to have a favorable case against Colgan, but it seems possible they will be bankrupt soon. What are the implications for a lawsuit? Settle quickly before the assets are gone, go after third parties, proceed with the normal course of litigation in order to collect from the bankruptcy assets?

Also, would any third parties be culpable, unless Colgan relied on third-party sources for training and pilot certification?
Experience bij!

alfred russel

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 14, 2009, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 14, 2009, 03:44:32 PM

Also, would any third parties be culpable, unless Colgan relied on third-party sources for training and pilot certification?

You need to start thinking like an attorney: who trained the pilots, who gave them their licenses, who made the aircraft parts that may have contributed, who made the aircraft, should the aircraft have been allowed to fly in those conditions (who made that decision), who programmed the autopilot, who was responsible for maintainance, who sold the tickets to the unsafe airline, who saw the pilots before they flew and should have known they were unfit to fly, were there any people on the flight for business that could expose their employers to liability, should air traffic control had kept them out of that region due to weather, and probably a few more parties I'm not thinking of right now.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2009, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 14, 2009, 07:13:03 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2009, 07:06:53 AM
I don't Cal to be my wingman. He'll direct me to tubbos, uggos, and butterfaces.

:( I want to be your: Goose.

Are you: Wedge Antilles or Porkins?
An interesting question.  On the one hand, Porkins and his entire wing were annihilated.  In Wedge's case, 2 out of 3 wing members survived, but Wedge bailed on his wingmen, and only the timely intervention of Han Solo saved Luke.  Biggs wasn't so lucky.

Now, because you'd clearly be Biggs in this situation (you are definitely a beta male, as evidenced by your attraction to sub-optimal females (juveniles) and your choice of career (HR attracts mainly broken people who hate themselves and everyone else)), I would suggest that the right answer is Porkins.  If you are going to go down in flames, you want your whole party to go down in flames.  You don't seem like the type to be satisfied by hanging out at the club by yourself while the alpha male busts off a piece of ass in the back seat of your car out in the parking lot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.